welding steel to aluminum

I was told that the Ultimak rail is aluminum. I want to weld an HK front sight to it. Is the Ultimak aluminum? If so can a steel front sight be welded to aluminum? What is required to do that? Is it a specialized type of welding or can any run of the mill welder do it?

Are there other methods to join the 2 meetals that will be strong and look good? Someone mentioned polymethylmethacrylate composite.

I was told that the Ultimak rail is aluminum. I want to weld an HK front sight to it. Is the Ultimak aluminum? If so can a steel front sight be welded to aluminum? What is required to do that? Is it a specialized type of welding or can any run of the mill welder do it?

Are there other methods to join the 2 meetals that will be strong and look good? Someone mentioned polymethylmethacrylate composite.

You cannot weld aluminum to steel. You can rivet or screw or glue but steel and aluminum do not mix as a rule. Those Chaos sights are what you need,