need advice on conversion parts

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting the following parts for my Saiga because they are selling for really cheap and I'm not interested in doing any cutting or drilling or modifying for more expensive parts.I just want some feedback about the quality and reliability of these items and if they are really worth having..I can get all three for less than $120.00 shipping included

TAPCO Intrafuse Saiga T6 Stock Set

TAPCO Intrafuse Handguard,

TAPCO Intrafuse Vertical Grip

any suggestions for similar items for around $120.00 or less would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Edited by RichardC1967

It might be the Zed from Zardoz picture that is leaving everyone speachless.

Most people here will steer you towards doing the conversion/restoration route. Its not that hard to do, it is very rewarding and will increase the value of the weapon. Plus you can do it for what you are going to spend here.

Tapco makes decent products. I have no personal experience with them but enough people in the picture post use that stock setup to suggest it is a decent choice.

Also you can always pull the pistol grip and stock off the Tapco and use them for the conversion/restoration later down the road as well if you decide on doing it later.

18 views and no replies..are you guys mad at me?

The parts will be OK, but you will have a terrible trigger and the gun just was'nt made to be in the configuration it's

in when imported to this country. Do the conversion, If I can do it anyone can. There's no comparison to the gun I have

now after the conversion and the gun I had before the conversion.

You can restore for the same price as the items you mentioned.... or less. I have a Tapco Warsaw length fixed stock and it is fine. It is also almost the same length as a fully collapsed T6. When it comes to the T6.... all I can say is why?

carolinashooterssupply.com Items

Qty SKU Description Price Total

BLK-AKGRIP GRIP AK/SAIGA ORIGINAL STYLE BLACK

$9.95

GRIP-SCREW/BUSHING GRIP AK/SAIGA GRIP SCREW AND BUSHING SET

$6.95

BLK-AKORIG-STOCK ORIGINAL AK STYLE STOCK TAPCO BLACK

$28.87

CHAOS-GASPISTON GAS PISTON SAIGA 12 20 410

$19.95

6PLUGS TRIGGER GROUP HOLE PLUGS FOR SAIGA CONVERSIONS

$1.00

TRX-TRIGGER-GROUP TRIGGER GROUP-TROMIX SAIGA FIRE CONTROL GROUP

$45.00

2-10/32 STOCK FOLDING MECHANISM SAIGA- AK47 SPARE SCREWS

^^^^(for the trigger guard, ask for button heads instead of socket cap)

$1.00

Total $112.72

This is a list of parts you will need from CSS to do a proper restoration.... even a Chaos US puck to get the 6 US parts required for 922r, and use of Russian mags :smoke: You will need to cut the pistol grip hole and use the original trigger guard. Not that hard and not that big of a deal.

Where are you? Maybe there is a member near you that will help you do it. I just can't stand the look of those T6 stocks on non-restored S12s. If you are near me, I would be willing to donate some time. This is a community.

This is a pic of the only S12 I have converted myself. Enjoy.... and I hope it inspires you.

post-22401-024962300 1277784988_thumb.jpg

ETA: If you want to drive down to Jax, FL I'll help.... you gotta leave that outfit at home.

Edited by evlblkwpnz