Tromix Golf Ball Launchers are coming shortly

Bob and I designed and built these a few years ago, but I have finally decided to go ahead offer them for sale. I don't have a price yet, but it will be affordable. Unfortunately for me, it is one of those parts that has no interest until the customer actually sees one in action. Kind of like the Tromix bolt-on AK charging handle. No one cares until they try it, and then it is a must-have item.

This launcher is not like the ones sold today that piddle the ball out about 150 yards. This thing will streak the ball to 450+ yards and go out of sight. With the back spin on the ball, you can shoot it horizontal to the earth at four feet off the ground, and it will sizzle straight out to about 75 yards and then climb skyward like a son of a bitch.

It screws to any .223 gun with 1/2-28 threads at the muzzle (AR-15) and uses blank rounds to propel it skyward.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 4

I assure you all that you've never seen anything like it before !!

It'll be extremely hard to get a decent video of it, given the velocity of the ball...... but I can tell you it'll fire 'em out there.........I've shot balls with mine exceeding 2000 feet...........

Everyone who's ever seen it wants one...........!!!!!

post-3950-059237900 1277518489_thumb.jpg

post-3950-064748500 1277518509_thumb.jpg

The ball out of the launcher is so fast that someone standing 10 feet to the side when you fire it loses sight of the ball immediately............. Someone has to be standing nearly directly behind the shooter to track the ball's entire trajectory !! Somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile in about 2 seconds..........

Shot a golfball at a ballast bag (90 pound bag of sand for stabilizing hanging cables at the ground)I'd put on top of a little 3 foot berm from about 60 feet........When the ball hit the bag, it lifted it about a foot and dropped it off the back of the berm........ Would be great for crowd control !!!!

Oh yeah..........try to avoid shooting something with a hard surface that's too close.....right, Bob???? Bounced back right off that refrigerator up at Alpena (about 100 feet away)and whacked you in the shin pretty good !!! All in the blink of an eye............

Elevate the barrel to about 45 degrees....and the ball goes straight out for about 75 yards, and then straight-ass up and completely out of sight..........

All in all, it's a real blast to shoot !!

I've shot white ones, green ones, orange ones, fluorescent pink ones, striped ones..........

Fast is fast, Joe......!!!

Well since some of us haven't gotten to witness it first hand I would know :haha:

Either that or I enjoy being a pain in the ass

I've shot white ones, green ones, orange ones, fluorescent pink ones, striped ones..........

Fast is fast, Joe......!!!

Well since some of us haven't gotten to witness it first hand I would know :haha:

Either that or I enjoy being a pain in the ass

Heh, heh, heh..........First time you stuff a ball in the tube, jack in a blank round, and pull the trigger......

You'll know just what I'm talking about !!!!!

A buddy of mine is a videographer, I'm going to see if he has any ideas.

Now that would be cool as hell, Bob......Slo-mo !!

Might try renting a high speed camera, if he doesn't have one. They're pretty steep to buy, but rental shouldn't be too crazy... besides, Tromix could take it as write off :)

We're also considering some kind of trial offer, just to get some samples out there.

When you see this in action, you'll be hooked. We typically have half a dozen machine guns resting on the line unused while everybody waits their turn to shoot a golf ball. LOL

A high-definition high speed camera is probably the only way to even approximate it.

Edited by BobAsh

Okay .. this may work...

Get your golf ball and epoxy a fishing line to it.

Goto a field and shoot the ball off, at the same time start the timer.

When the ball hits the ground, stop the timer.

Pull the line back and measure it.

Then you can find the approximate feet per second :)

Considering my golf ball launcher that I have ripped everything right off.... I don't think the Tromix one has a chance of being teathered.

...........damned golfballs won't stay lit, either............

¿Que? "lit"?