For the Veterans, Eagle Scouts and Patriots

Over the past year I found myself helping a boy scout (up and coming leader) with his Eagle Scout project. It was really an honor for me to be involved in the fund raising and also help with the construction of a Veterans Memorial in our home town. It was a really great thing this young man did for our town as not only do we have a Veterans Memorial, he pulled a lot of us vets together and he also gave us all great hope for the future of this country. Here is a shot slide show and of the dedication we had on Memorial Day. Hope you enjoy.

Derek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LcO6pwescQ

Edited by bountyhunter
  • Like 6

Thanks Y'all!!! I even have to which it every now and then and it still almost bring a tear to my eye. Also a little more information on the young lady in camo, she is Spec. Danielle Lanier, US Army and was on leave and home from COP Apache, Afghanistan. She brought back the flag that was flown over COP Apache and was flying during several attacks on the post, for the purpose of having it fly over this Memorial. Danielle's MP Company has had 3 troops KIA in the past year, so it really had meaning for her and her fall brothers in arms.

Edited by bountyhunter

As an Eagle Scout myself, I am proud that the Boy Scouts are still mentoring and motivating young men to do great things for their communities. The BSA, more than any other organization for young men, allows boys to take on real roles of leadership and responsibility over and for their peers. Cheers for completing a beautiful and meaningful project.

As an active duty Army officer, I am proud that my country genuinely stands behind their armed forces. I know there are veterans on this board who never received a warm welcome when they came home and did not see their fallen comrades honored until years after their deaths. I was very young when Desert Storm went down and I don't remember a time when the military was thought poorly of. I pray I will never see those attitudes return. Thanks to all of you who truly "Support the Troops."

• Like 1

As an Eagle Scout myself, I am proud that the Boy Scouts are still mentoring and motivating young men to do great things for their communities. The BSA, more than any other organization for young men, allows boys to take on real roles of leadership and responsibility over and for their peers. Cheers for completing a beautiful and meaningful project.

As an active duty Army officer, I am proud that my country genuinely stands behind their armed forces. I know there are veterans on this board who never received a warm welcome when they came home and did not see their fallen comrades honored until years after their deaths. I was very young when Desert Storm went down and I don't remember a time when the military was thought poorly of. I pray I will never see those attitudes return. Thanks to all of you who truly "Support the Troops."

Thank You for your Service Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!