!st post after nubie experiences

Just a newbie here so please excuse any lack of Saiga sense.

I puchased a Saiga-12 a few weeks back and have done the most important (to me at this point) mods AND WOW, what a weapon!

Right out of the box, the 1st factory mag of 2-3/4" inch shells was flawless. However the Surefire, Promag and MD Arms drum wouldn't feed worth crap! Every shell caught on the bottom of the barrel, the part (stubs) that juts out into the top of the mag well. I saw a thread on grinding and polishing a feed ramp. I followed the fantastic photo enriched instructions and now everything seems to feed - including from the new Hornandy SD Buck to 20 year old Federal Magnum 00 Buck. I was surprised to see the difference in shell lengths even though all were labeled 2-3/4".

I also cut an inch out of the stock to fit me better. The corners of the stock were rounded to smooth up getting the gun to shoulder. This gun is Incredible!!

My only small problem is that I lost the OEM magazine catch pin.

I took off the mag catch to get a better angle on the feedramp -- what a SOB to put back together. I finaly subtituted a cut off section of screwdriver shank which seems to work fine, but the catch is now a tiny bit looser with this substitute part. I've tried to hunt around the internet and call the distributor with no luck. The distributor hasn't returned a call from last Wednesday!

What to do???

Edited by Judgemax

The cut-to-size, old screw driver shank is as close as I could come to the right diameter "pin" with parts on hand to the "right size nail". I still need to look through all my misc drawyers.

BUT, shouldn't you be able to buy a couple spares for a few cents?

Edited by Judgemax

Factory sparer parts for the Saiga are VERY hard to come buy. A lot of guys buy a second gun just to have parts on hand.

Kinda sucks but that's the way it is right now.

I have magazine catch pins and springs on order and should be here soon.