Just a quick update: I've run into a bit of a snag finding that color I want. Those of you who are familiar with Fender Guitars should know of the Fender Deluxe Strat with the tortoise shell pickguard and it comes in a transparent sapphire. That's the kind of blue I'm looking for. I can't seem to find a polyurethane like that though. Anyone have any ideas?

post-25308-094364000 1279216675_thumb.jpg

Here are the before and after pictures. Unfortunately, you can't seem much of the grain over the photo, but in person it really shows. It's actually very polished as well, not sure why it's appearing so dull. Took multiple photos but they're all that way! =[ But I'm more than happy with it.

post-25308-066211500 1279769395_thumb.jpg

post-25308-001917900 1279769432_thumb.jpg

Edited by VaiFanatic90

The blue looks good, to me it seems alittle bright against the black. A midnight blue/ Darker blue would prolly blend just right IMO.

It's a deep ocean blue, the flash kinda made it brighter. If you look at it in person, it's like a dark sapphire, looks really nice against the black.