So I finally broke down and fessed up some money (well, enough to make me sick) and got me a little ring. She loves it!! I did it right, she had no part in picking out the ring or knowing it was coming and had full support of her family. Had a little one on one with her Dad and all was good. SO what do you guys think?? Makes me sick sometimes when I think of the machine guns I could have bought, but it's well worth it :super:

ring2.jpg

ring1.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, 3/4 carat princess cut, Legacy brand diamond -82 facets (it's a Leo Schacter cut like the LEO diamond) on a white gold band. I did it the old fashioned way of bringing her to our first date spot and got on a knee without embarassing her...everything is GREAT! she's quite happy. (so am I)

BTW, it does have Blue hue to it because of the fluorescence, the color is rated at E, VS1 clarity, and certified...

Edited by Vultite
  • Like 1

Congratulations! But, from a voice of experience, forever is a hell of a long time.:rolleyes: I got dumped after 25 years.

ouch, sorry man, yeah, everyone gave me a "DON'T DO IT!!!" lecture lol. But, screw it, I'll learn if it doesn't work

Congratulations! But, from a voice of experience, forever is a hell of a long time.:rolleyes: I got dumped after 25 years.

ouch, sorry man, yeah, everyone gave me a "DON'T DO IT!!!" lecture lol. But, screw it, I'll learn if it doesn't work

You betcha--it takes a lot of work for it to work. Hope it does for you both.

Congratulations! Doesn't matter how much you spent as long as you know... YOU got the better end of the deal!

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Congrats on the engagement Vultite!!!

One question though: Why does it look like that ring fits you so well :lolol: ?

The ring is the cheap part. Wait until you start talking about the actual wedding. That wimper you hear will be you realizing how much and how fast money is leaving your wallet.

well luckly her parents are going to be paying for the wedding....weddings today are retardly overpriced :eek:

Congrats! But it does remind me of a Readers Digest thing I read where the guy going off to service is telling his folks he gets to learn how to shit, shower and shave all over again, and his younger brother who is about to get married says, "me too". lol! Good Luck to you both!

lol, thanks guys...frankly I'm scared about the bachlor party...I think my friends want it to be like "The Hangover", I have no idea what is going to happen, but I have a bad feeling I may end up arrested,molested and infected :cryss:

So I finally broke down and fessed up some money (well, enough to make me sick) and got me a little ring. She loves it!! I did it right, she had no part in picking out the ring or knowing it was coming and had full support of her family. Had a little one on one with her Dad and all was good. SO what do you guys think??

Congratulations!!!

And +1 for the respect factor.

A man who respects the father will respect the daughter. :up:

Edit to add:

HEY!

Close your eyes!

You can no longer lustfully view my avatar. :nonono:

:D

Edited by Paulyski

HEY! Congrats Vultite! What kind of dowry did you get???

My ole ladys Pop offered me five acres, a 1968 Ford tractor with a box blade and a heffer or sow of my choosing. I did not decline the offer, and ten years later we are still not married. at least he still has the Ford running!

Congratulations!

I won't give you my 'get a dog; it'll be cheaper in the long run and they give you unconditional love' speech. :lolol:

What I WILL say is this: the three most important words are COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, and COMMUNICATION. Be open and honest with each other AT ALL TIMES. Keep no secrets, and always talk. ALWAYS. Lack of communication is a stumbling block that can lead to a sheer-faced cliff.

my condolences. when the preacher looks at you and says, "tll death do you part". you'll learn that you will be wishing for a fast death

BTW, remember when you were a kid and had to ask permission to do anything? well start practicing it now, and like when you were a kid, get use to the answer, no.

also get ready to see a vast change in her soon after the marriage. that sweet thing you think you married, will turn out to be a totally different person that will make your life misrable. it will happen.

and get ready for the "not in MY house", and every sentence from her will have the words: MY, MY, MY, MINE. what's hers' is hers', what's yours is hers' as well, you have nothing

and get ready for the endless stupid questions from her, and there will be, constantly and continuously. and the ever annoying, "we have to talk". let me give you a big heads up about that, when she says "we have to talk", you aren't in that conversion, it's going to be her talking and you just agreeing, mostly about all the faults ( real and imaginary, but mostly imaginary) she sees in you.

dude, you would be better off putting a bullet in your head, then what is going to happen to you soon. your balls will be in her purse, driving a mini-van, and will be a shell of a man. you will be wishing you never heard of the word marriage.

I will say one thing good about marriage, it keeps the divorce lawyers in the money with steady work.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

well, I guess I should start getting used to being told what to do, she does have guns and I taught her how to shoot...she'd pick me off with a suppressed AR before I knew wtf was going on if I messed up :killer::eek:

Congrats, and I can tell you, if it doesn't work out down the road there are other fish in the sea! My ex-wife give me 20 years of hell and some great kids. I turn 43 in July, my new wife turns 23 in Nov. thats 20 years younger, newer model and all! Must be something about the number 20 ;)

If you name your first born son Chaos, I'll give you a rail system!! :super:

• Like 1

Congrats, and I can tell you, if it doesn't work out down the road there are other fish in the sea! My ex-wife give me 20 years of hell and some great kids. I turn 43 in July, my new wife turns 23 in Nov. thats 20 years younger, newer model and all! Must be something about the number 20 ;)

If you name your first born son Chaos, I'll give you a rail system!! :super:

LOL, I'll keep that in mind....I would like to name my son something unique but I bet she has other plans, but no kids in the picture yet, not until I'm done with school. Yeah, I was supposed to get married about 5 years ago, thank God that didn't happen!! She was a terrible woman who HATED guns and didn't have any life skills, the lovely lady I'm with now is the opposite :super:

Congrats, Vultite!

Getting married will be one of the most if not the most rewarding decisions you'll ever make. There will be ups and downs along the way but just remember the more hard times you get through together the stronger you become. I see it all the time with newly married couples but don't get discouraged when you hit some rough patches. Try to use the hard times as an opportunity to grow both individually and as a unit. You'll soon be able to look back at those situations and say "If we got through that we can get through anything."

Anyhow, enough of my rambling on...

Congratulations!

Zach

Kross, LLC

The wisest man I ever knew (My Grandfather) told Me: "There is nothing better than a good Women, or WORSE than a bad one!"

May you be blessed with the former, and spared the latter!