Well my NRA stickers are coming down.

The following isn't meant to be a Political discussion, it is meant to show my utter disgust with, and new found contempt of the NRA.

Discuss the NRA, not DISCLOSE, nor Kagan's confirmation.

Call them out on this!

I placed several angry calls to them about DISCLOSE, they're going to get more over this.

I will not renew, I will not support them any longer.

Internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members are highlighting just how far the National Rifle Association has fallen.

The organization recently collaborated with the left to obtain a carve out of the DISCLOSE Act, legislation designed to silence bloggers and outside interest groups like tea party activists.

This was a first amendment issue and the NRA gladly took a position and campaigned for its members to take a position on the DISCLOSE Act.

One of the NRA's chief arguments was that it needed the carve out to be effective in its advocacy of Second Amendment issues.

But here's the problem: these internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members show that the National Rifle Association's management team has explicitly and directly told the NRA's board they are prohibited from testifying about second amendment issues during the Elena Kagan confirmation hearings.

That's right: the foremost gun rights lobby in the nation is prohibiting its board from testifying in the Elena Kagan confirmation hearings about the second amendment.

The NRA did issue a statement on Friday after the internal Senate email began leaking out informing people of the gag order. The statement noted Kagan's problematic record on guns, but that's just smoke and mirrors. Don't believe them when they say they are working with Senators to investigate her record. If they were really working with Senators, they would have accepted an invitation to testify on the Kagan nomination when they were invited. The gag order on board members is not limited to providing testimony, but it prohibits board members from coming out against Kagan in their individual capacity.

If the NRA is really working with pro-guns Senators and Kagan is really hostile to Second Amendment rights, which she is, they will score her confirmation vote and actually make the score count this time, unlike they did on the confirmation of Sonya Sotomayor. With Sotomayor, they waited until several days after RedState began demanding a score and then, in effect, announced they'd score it and ignore it.

First they collaborated with the left to get the DISCLOSE Act through the House, now they are blocking their own from speaking out against Elena Kagan. Is this the deal the NRA cut with the left? They get a carve out and shut up their board?

http://www.redstate....on-elena-kagan/

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

NRA is a bunch of worthless fucks. They did nothing to help Heller or McDonald, in fact they opposed both cases being brought to the Supreme Court. Only after the cases were headed there and showing strong support did they jump in and steal time from Gura. This DISCLOSE Act bullshit is just icing on the cake.

I will not be renewing my NRA membership and will be instead giving my money to more useful organizations that actually support 2A rights like SAF and GOA. I am going to write a nasty letter berating them and enclose it with a voided out check in the next envelope they send me begging for donations. I am serious! :lolol:

NRA seems to be more concerned with begging me for money via mail every month (despite not having done anything in my state in 2 decades almost) and selling late night TV junk.

Sorry for the harsh language! They just piss me off really bad.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

I have always said the NRA is just another group of bigwigs living life good on our dollars for their own prosperity. Whelp this just reinforces it yet again. I wont support them until they live in our shoes and work for us with the money they live rich off of. -1 for the NRA again.....sad

• Like 1

NRA..

No more Riffles America?

I feel there should be a campaign by it's members to take back the NRA.

One cannot just build such a powerful lobby overnight.

The smaller groups wield far less influence.

Isn't it apparent that the NRA has been infiltrated?

The solution isn't to abolish it, but to clean house.

It seems a divide & conquer campaign is underway concerning the NRA & it needs to be addressed before it's too late. I'm certain that some anti 2A elements have infiltrated the organization for these reasons, or that outside influence :money: is corrupting the organization...

But when your corvette breaks down, do you just toss it & buy a Hyundai?

I know, I know....

Easier said than done. <_<

ETA:

JPFO!!!!!!!

A +1 in spirit, Juggs, since the board won't let me give you a real +1.

+1

I gotta check out that group.

Edited by Paulyski

I don't blame anyone for being mad, I am myself.

The NRA is political, and like every other political organization on the planet engages in its share of dirty deals. Anyone that believes otherwise is simplistic.

On the other hand they have done more to protect and preserve the 2nd Amendment then every other similar goaled group in America. They, like the Republicans, and the USA in general can be fixed from within and are too important to discard so causally.

Join and help put the right folks back in charge!

• Like 4

Ever since the NRA ousted the late great Neil Knox who ran the ILA, they have gone down the drain. Neal Knox and now his sons have a website and write articles in Shotgun News which expose the NRA's actions and their top heavy Board of Directors. When I lived in California in 1989 when the Roberti Roos act which banned 'assault rifles' was being passed in the state legislature they were nowhere to be found. Their silence was deafening, they did nothing to stop this evil law nor did they speak against George Bush Sr.'s executive order banning imports of 'assault rifles'.

Neal Knox's website is being run by his sons Jeff and Chris and they have a gun voter forum which shows the top heavy NRA Board of Directors:

http://www.thegunrightswar.com/grw/

http://www.gunvoter.org/gunvoter/forum/

I am NOT renewing my membership and will use the money to join GOA, SAF. The most powerful pro gun rights organization is JPFO and they have been exposing the NRA's history of compromise and talk. I have never been given a chance to vote for any directors even though I have been a member for over eight years. JPFO stated that the NRA doesn't want elimination of gun laws because they get more members from talking gun rights because it's a money making operation. They also joined Nasty Pelosi in a censorship law which would have exempted them while silencing real pro gun voices.

All I get for my membership money is their magazine and letters asking for contributions. They sure spend a lot of money on letters and membership cards.

I am saddened that the NRA has changed for the worse. They have the potential to be a great gun rights organization but have been corrupted by the beltway mentality.

• Like 1

We have an organization here in west Virginia called "WV Citizens Defense League"..

CDL is primarily concerned with protection of self defense/concealed carry laws here in our state, but has grown to be a voice for us in all state gun legislation. We have a representative at all legislature hearings, and a group "Legislature Lobby" day.

NRA`s deal with Pelosi would throw groups like CDL under the bus..to save their own ass. Last time we even saw NRA reps here was when Heston showed up to stump for Gee Dub Ya..and thats been a while.

I too gave up on the NRA. I joined a few years back at a gun show only to have them hound the hell out of me for money and to rejoin every month. I met up with members from the Va. Citizens Defence League and joined them and Va. State Shooters Association (My Range owner requires membership, but shooting is free) and haven't looked back.