200 yards, 100 yards.. Range Report

Day at the range with my Saiga 5.45x39 and my cheap NCStar 6x32 Scope ($27) ...

100 yards.. (posted this one before)

post-8775-089699400 1277861250_thumb.jpg

200 yards (new range pic)

post-8775-016587200 1277861288_thumb.jpg

Lets see what ya'll got for 100 and 200 yards..

All in good fun folks of course..

Al

Not bad, I usually get around 1/5 that size at 200 yards with my 7.62x39. Not to say that that group is bad.

You get sub 1" groups at 200 yards? 1/5 of 4.5" would be less the 1".

Not bad, I usually get around 1/5 that size at 200 yards with my 7.62x39. Not to say that that group is bad.

You get sub 1" groups at 200 yards? 1/5 of 4.5" would be less the 1".

How many shots we talking about? :lolol: :lolol:

• Like 2

Measured in dog years.:rolleyes:

And?

Shit, I wish I could shoot that good, I used to get about 2 1/2 inches at 100 yards with my AR, but I'm sure my groups are more like 8-10 inches at 200 with my AK.

And?

Guess you're a dog?:unsure:

If I could lick my own sack do you think I'd be wasting time on here? :lolol:

• Like 3

And?

One can always hope.:haha:

And?

One can always hope.:haha:

Hope is all I have. Seriously though, OP, good shooting.

Thanks mav and tritium for getting this clarified. Thought I was losing my marbles..

I thought I sucked.. Glad I waited till I replied. I thought SuperA shot 1 - 1 1/2" groups at 200 yards.. I was like OMFG.

If I stopped pushing forward (anticipating the damn recoil [that don't exsist] ) I may be able to tighten it up to 3" a width.

Next outting for 200 yards again in a few weeks.. Hopefully we tighten up.. I can't just shoot 3-4 rounds.. I do a mag at a time (or two).

On most AK's I think after 3 rounds you get that damn' flyer that widens it ALL up.. (aka heat or just rushing..)

I may setup some 4" clays at 200 yards and run a video on it.. that would be rockin'.. :killer:

Thanks mav and tritium for getting this clarified. Thought I was losing my marbles..

I thought I sucked.. Glad I waited till I replied. I thought SuperA shot 1 - 1 1/2" groups at 200 yards.. I was like OMFG.

If I stopped pushing forward (anticipating the damn recoil [that don't exsist] ) I may be able to tighten it up to 3" a width.

Next outting for 200 yards again in a few weeks.. Hopefully we tighten up.. I can't just shoot 3-4 rounds.. I do a mag at a time (or two).

On most AK's I think after 3 rounds you get that damn' flyer that widens it ALL up.. (aka heat or just rushing..)

I may setup some 4" clays at 200 yards and run a video on it.. that would be rockin'.. :killer:

I get those kind of groups with one shot.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I do that too. How to get past this stupid habit?

Get a good feel for the trigger. Gently and slowly squeeze the trigger when you hit your natural pause at every exhale. Take your time and let the gun "suprise" you when it finaly does go.

Have a friend Taser you every time you do it. That's what all the best firearm instructors do, so I'm told.

Edited by Threecard

Dryfire, Dryfire, Dryfire.

It's cheap (no ammo required) and you can do it on your living room floor.

First make sure your rifle is unloaded. Find a really small thing to aim at. Bottom plug on an electrical outlet works well. You can practice your position, sighting, respiratory pause, trigger squeeze, follow through (hold trigger back, take mental snapshot of where your front sight post was on the target when you heard the click) You'll build muscle memory and it'll help get you past bucking, heeling, and/or flinching when you're firing for real. (...leave the ammo in the other room, just to be sure things stay safe) :)

Another thing you can do at the range is "ball and dummy" It'll require a friend to help you out. Get in the firing position you want to work on. When you're in position, close your eyes and have your buddy load a single round (or not) into the magazine, place it in your rifle for you and rack the bolt. When you squeeze the trigger you don't know if a round is going to go off or not cause you didn't peek and your buddy didn't tell you if there's a round in there or not. He's trying to fool you. You'll immediately know if you're anticipating the shot, because you buddy (instead of tasering you,) is going to giggle if you flinch when there's nothing in the chamber when the hammer falls. Like others have said, it should be a surprise, and you should be relaxed with your eyes open when it goes boom (or if it doesn't). Have your buddy watch your eyes and make sure you aren't blinking as well. Repeat this drill over an over for 10-15 min. This will help to cure this problem like no other method.... Then go back home and dryfire some more.

These are just some of the things you will learn at an Appleseed. Well worth the $70 for a weekend full of instruction and lots of shooting.

Edited by spitstickler

toshbar.. that was with a 5.45?? not bad..:super:

I wish I had more room..

Albert

yeah, it's 5.45 russian surplus. I have room to go out to about 1300 yards if I wanted. :unsure: I'll save that for the Garand and M44.

Edited by toshbar

Day at the range with my Saiga 5.45x39 and my cheap NCStar 6x32 Scope ($27) ...

100 yards.. (posted this one before)

200 yards (new range pic)

Lets see what ya'll got for 100 and 200 yards..

All in good fun folks of course..

Al

What scope mount are you using?