New to site. Trigger question?

Just bought a saiga .223 16 inch barrel a week ago. Love the gun. I've got it sightened in for now but will be fine tuning. My groups are pretty good. I'm still trying different ammo to find a good group. Anyway my question is about polishing the trigger/hammer assembly? I did some searches but did'nt find a whole lot. Was wondering if anyone has detailed instructions on this. I have a dremel and feel comfortable with the work. I just was looking for some more details. The trigger pull is a bit tight. Would the polishing soften it up much? Thanks.

The trigger assembly on the .223 is still relatively similar to that of an AK. If you want a smoother and softer pull, just give it a decent polish, but obviously don't over-do it or you're looking at replacing parts. If you're comfortable with the procedure, just google "polishing AK trigger assembly" and you'll see a lot more as opposed to looking for polishing a Saiga .223. It'll show you just what you need to polish, so you can take about half an hour at the most to polish those parts up and be on your way to a smoother pull. Good luck.

Are you talking about the factory trigger? If so, I am also interested in any help people can provide, as I am trying to keep the odd trigger position as it will allow me to use detachable mags here in CA.

You know that you can go ahead and move the trigger group and with a monsterman or similar grip, you would still be cali legal, right? You dont have to keep the odd trigger position as long as the rifle remains 'featureless' in the eyes of the law...

Take a look at this, I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but that seems right to me.

Here's the link: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46098&start=0

This is great info. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again for the help!

Not a problem, glad to help where I can.

You know that you can go ahead and move the trigger group and with a monsterman or similar grip, you would still be cali legal, right? You dont have to keep the odd trigger position as long as the rifle remains 'featureless' in the eyes of the law...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the monsterman grips, seems like you'd spend money to change to a pistol grip setup and then spend some more to convert it back into something that isn't a pistol grip. To each their own though. I'm going to see if I can get the trigger to be a little better in this configuration, then go from there.