mods if this is in the wrong section im sorry im just seeing if theres interest if i go buy the extra ones.

I have the opportunity to buy up some izzy 8's i will end up having 4 extra...the mags are 125 each so let me know if anyone is interested in the other mags...if not im just buying the ones I need.

• Like 1

ok im going to pick them up in the morning so ill post again when they are in hand with pictures and tiny has dibs on two. also the guy im buying these from is suposed to be holding these for me so if i get shorted in the morning its not my fault and he will receive a good slapping.

I'd really love to have at least one Izzy 8, but with MD hinting that his double-stacks are just around the corner, I can't justify the frankly ricockulous price the Izzies sell for, (due to BATFE-caused rarity, I know).

I'm sure they're fantastic, (as reliable as the factory 5's), but, assuming the design works as well as I've heard, I think Mike's double-stack mags will dominate the market once they're released, (for good reason).

We'll see... soon, I hope.

I'd really love to have at least one Izzy 8, but with MD hinting that his double-stacks are just around the corner, I can't justify the frankly ricockulous price the Izzies sell for, (due to BATFE-caused rarity, I know).

I'm sure they're fantastic, (as reliable as the factory 5's), but, assuming the design works as well as I've heard, I think Mike's double-stack mags will dominate the market once they're released, (for good reason).

Hi PA,

Alliance Armament may come out with an all aluminun open sided doublestack 12 round mag for $159. I'm holding out for those.... :angel:

Hi PA,

Alliance Armament may come out with an all aluminun open sided doublestack 12 round mag for $159. I'm holding out for those.... :angel:

You had me going, until I comprehended the 'open sided' part...

YOU LITTLE :devil: !!!!!

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

The doublestacks will be neat, no doubt about it however, although the two markets will slightly overlap, I don't see them having much affect on each other at all. The Russian production Izzy 8's have consistently maintained and even increased in value over the years despite the domestic production of 8, 10 (remember how big of a deal these were!), and 12 round stick mags as well as 20 and 30 round drums, and even now mini-drums. I don't see that pattern changing in the future either. They offer a combination of aesthetics, performance, and context that just can't be diminished. Whether used as a best choice home defense magazine or just to finish off that perfect look for a converted Saiga, every S12 owner should have at least one in their collection, IMO. It's just a shame there aren't more available.

Zach

Kross, LLC

• Like 2

The doublestacks will be neat, no doubt about it however, although the two markets will slightly overlap, I don't see them having much affect on each other at all. The Russian production Izzy 8's have consistently maintained and even increased in value over the years despite the domestic production of 8, 10 (remember how big of a deal these were!), and 12 round stick mags as well as 20 and 30 round drums, and even now mini-drums. I don't see that pattern changing in the future either. They offer a combination of aesthetics, performance, and context that just can't be diminished. Whether used as a best choice home defense magazine or just to finish off that perfect look for a converted Saiga, every S12 owner should have at least one in their collection, IMO. It's just a shame there aren't more available.

Zach

Kross, LLC

Yep, what he said

I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. Those mags were announced almost a year ago. The pistol grips were announced about the same time and it was March before they were actually available. When the product page went live it said (as it still does) "At this time we don't have a Tromix ready version of this grip available....We should have this ironed out in the coming week". It's four months later and still no Tromix version. If you want an Izmash mag by all means get one now.

I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. Those mags were announced almost a year ago. The pistol grips were announced about the same time and it was March before they were actually available. When the product page went live it said (as it still does) "At this time we don't have a Tromix ready version of this grip available....We should have this ironed out in the coming week". It's four months later and still no Tromix version. If you want an Izmash mag by all means get one now.

I don't really care. MD products are high enough quality that they're worth the wait. Surefire sticks and MD-20's will do well enough in the meantime.

ymmv.