No snap caps that I am aware of.

There are dummy rounds but good luck finding some.Your best bet is to put up a wanted ad on akfiles.com. They have a large and very active marketplace

Edited by veprk

I think i have one or two dummy rounds for the 5.45x39mm, they are steel cases which have 4 stamped indentations in them and the whole thing is painted black. got it at a gun show 2 years ago or so.

First off, keep in mind you can dry fire the rifle all you want, it's not going to hurt it at all.

If you want some snap caps to do drills or what not, your best bet would be to make them. I don't think any major manufacturer does.

All you have to do is either pull the bullets from a bunch of shells and dump the powder out, then chamber the empty shell and detonate the primer, then remove the primer, stick something like an eraser tip or better yet, drip a little bit of plasti-dip into the hole where the primer was, and put the bullet back in.

Or, Just gather up a few spent shells next time at the range and do the same with them.

EDIT: Good idea above, definitely drill a hole through the side so that you don't confuse your real looking fakes with live ammo.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

First off, keep in mind you can dry fire the rifle all you want, it's not going to hurt it at all.

If you want some snap caps to do drills or what not, your best bet would be to make them. I don't think any major manufacturer does.

All you have to do is either pull the bullets from a bunch of shells and dump the powder out, then chamber the empty shell and detonate the primer, then remove the primer, stick something like an eraser tip or better yet, drip a little bit of plasti-dip into the hole where the primer was, and put the bullet back in.

Or, Just gather up a few spent shells next time at the range and do the same with them.

EDIT: Good idea above, definitely drill a hole through the side so that you don't confuse your real looking fakes with live ammo.

I mark my dummies with a sharpie, haha, though that tends to wear away, so I'll do the drilling hole method.