I've had my Saiga 12 conversion (see my avatar) for almost 1 year and had not noticed the fact that the Shark Break on it was 90 degrees off what it is supposed to be. After reading the posts on this forum I loosened it and used red Loctite to set it so that the 2 round holes are at the 12 o'clock (top) position. In order to get it there, the break is approximatley 1/4 turn from tightening up on the barrel threads. Will the red Loctite hold it there, or will it start to unscrew? How do you at Tromix index the Shark Break?

Harry

I've got a thread all about Loctite!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=54761

Red loctite holds at 300 degrees, but you will also need to use hand tools to remove it. Unless you're turning your brake in a vice while shooting, you shouldn't have any issues :)

CSS sells a barrel nut, which you can use, if your brake doesn't line up properly. There is a lot of variance in how these shotguns were manufactured, so, sometimes your brake won't be 100%.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-495/CHAOS-SAIGA-12-BARREL/Detail

Edited by vbrtrmn
  • Like 2

Thanks for the great response.I used the Red 262 for the Shark Break. I hope it holds :cryss:

I wish i had asked this question before pulling out the Loctite. I think the barrel nut would have been a better option. Well..., I have another Saiga 12 brand new in the box that needs a conversion. Now i know better. :smoke:

I have been running a Shark Break for 4 years with Red Loc Tite.... No problems!

I have even put a few rounds downrange with it....

naw.... I bet you're a total armchair commando ;)

I used red loctite on my shark break also, to get it to budge I had to put the gun in the vice and use vice grips to get the shark break off. But I'm like Juggs I've only put a couple rounds downrange :angel:

I would still recommend using loctite over a lock nut. It seems like the newer guns coming in have less and less thread on the muzzle and more and more length on the recessed portion in front of where the thread stops. Adding a lock nut is going to take up even more of that ever shrinking thread engagement. And if you don't have enough thread engagement, you could blow the whole damn thing off the end of the barrel.

Tony

• Like 1