Trigger pin removal and replacement?

Here's what I would like to do. Take out my stock trigger assembly and polish it. My question is after I drill out the 2 pins holding the assembly in place what do I use to replace the pins? I can't find any info on this. I do not want to move the trigger forward and do the pistol grip yet. I just want to polish the trigger and leave it where it is. Where can I find replacement pins after I remove the factory pins? Thanks

Here's what I would like to do. Take out my stock trigger assembly and polish it. My question is after I drill out the 2 pins holding the assembly in place what do I use to replace the pins? I can't find any info on this. I do not want to move the trigger forward and do the pistol grip yet. I just want to polish the trigger and leave it where it is. Where can I find replacement pins after I remove the factory pins? Thanks

I would say, don't worry about polishing the trigger itself and polish the hammer and disconnector portion of the stock unit. Those pins are designed to be removed.

*sigh*

Why are we always stuck on destructive methodology?

The two Klinton pins can easily be removed and replaced.

Just roll the shoulders up and drive them out. Replace them when finished and peen the shoulders back down.

*sigh*

Why are we always stuck on destructive methodology?

The two Klinton pins can easily be removed and replaced.

Just roll the shoulders up and drive them out. Replace them when finished and peen the shoulders back down.

I shot an unconverted Saiga recently. It really sucks once you've gotten used to them in the proper configuration. If one has already gotten the two pins out, why not go ahead and knock out the three rivets and be done with it? (Assuming one's state law does not prohibit).

Use caution when messing with the factory 'linkage' when those pins come out to 'polish' the FCG..

The springs and such tend to FALL out.. Take a few pics of the internals before you start..

Also if you manage to get the pins back in and they go thru all the way either PEEN them down (while holding the back side) or maybe try a small pop rivet :super: inside the PIN shaft on the side you removed the ROLLED edge from..

Hope this helps..

Albert

• 3 years later...