Need some help on FSGB and my saiga

Ok, I am just not getting it... I really want a FSGB combo for my SGL21. So, checking out the K-Var site, I found this one...

AK-142B1.jpg

But I am not sure if it will work. What concerns me is the thread on the front for a MB. If I put it on, I will basically have a good six+ inches of barrel extending past it? If so, other then looking weird, any other issues with it? Can i just cut it off? Is there a better option?

Thanks!

V

I believe that particular gasblock was made for short barreled rifles. the muzzle device would thread right on the end of it like you said. im not sure it would work. also the barrel has to be the right diameter to use that and the gas port has to be at the same angle. i believe those varied in different rifles but im not for sure. ace makes a gas block sight that clamps on. its blocky and not as nice looking but its easily removed and installed. no pressing off anything on the barrel. that can be allot of work. another way you can do it is remove your front sight block, cut it up and weld it to the gas block. i have seen that done but i would guess it would have to be tig welded because of heat distortion. heres one of the ace blocks on my rifle.

IMG_1271.jpg?1278371244

Edited by seanb

Thats not bad. I was basically trying to make one of these (see below) but with a full length barrel. I dont want to deal with the federal stamp. I would have to get some one to probably re-thread the barrel for me or not... Depending on how much it runs. The point is that I really want a FSGB... I know, its crazy... I just cant get over it...

DSC_0020.jpg

pic cutesy of Gardner on ar15.com

thats a sweet looking rifle. same grip and adapter i have on mine and its super comfortable. i too wanted a real FSGB. i had checked into krebs custom and they had what u pictured except without the threads. the only problem was the sight sat to high( the krebs rifle had a rear sight mounted to the dust cover), it was for a different diameter barrel, and they where only selling their leftovers. so i chose the easy rout and got the ace sight that i installed in minutes instead of pressing off the gas block and pressing on a FSGB if i could ever find one that worked. also when you remove your FSB you will be left with 2 holes on either side if it was crimped on. you will have to find a way to cover them up.

I'm pretty sure that's an SBR'd Draco pistol.

It is. I could go this route but I dont want to mess with the Federal SBR stamp. So I was really hoping to be able to end up with one very much like it but a full length barrel...

The clamp on site would work but I see AK's from time to time with a true integrated fsgb. I'm not in a rush so I will keep digging. I appreciate the responses and ideas!

V.

Here's an idea, but I'd suggest checking out if it's legal. :unsure: Pretty sure it is, but I'd still check......

Get a Draco and have a muzzle attachment permanently added (welded, blind pinned, silver soldered, etc). Make sure the length with it makes the "barrel" at least 16". Then you can add a stock like the SBR setup.

Downside: The shorter barrel might not be as accurate as a 16" one.

Upside: Easier to do than messing with the gas system.

Just a thought

I believe that particular gasblock was made for short barreled rifles. the muzzle device would thread right on the end of it like you said. im not sure it would work. also the barrel has to be the right diameter to use that and the gas port has to be at the same angle. i believe those varied in different rifles but im not for sure. ace makes a gas block sight that clamps on. its blocky and not as nice looking but its easily removed and installed. no pressing off anything on the barrel. that can be allot of work. another way you can do it is remove your front sight block, cut it up and weld it to the gas block. i have seen that done but i would guess it would have to be tig welded because of heat distortion. heres one of the ace blocks on my rifle.

IMG_1271.jpg?1278371244

What muzzle brake is that?

• Like 1

the muzzle brake is a PWS FSC47. I had that sleeve custom machined for me because nothing like that existed or at least i couldn't find one. it covers the holes left behind from removing the front sight block and indexes the muzzle device. i could see if the guy would make more if anyones interested.

Ok, I am just not getting it... I really want a FSGB combo for my SGL21. So, checking out the K-Var site, I found this one...

AK-142B1.jpg

But I am not sure if it will work. What concerns me is the thread on the front for a MB. If I put it on, I will basically have a good six+ inches of barrel extending past it? If so, other then looking weird, any other issues with it? Can i just cut it off? Is there a better option?

Thanks!

V

That gas block FSB is for a Krink style gun or AK74U. If you want a FSB/GB you'll need to make it or if you can find it, the STG2000 uses that type of FSGB. The angle of the port is 90degs so whatever parts you find should be the same.

There is a way to use that Krink style combo, you'll need to get creative and some machine skills wil be needed. I live in Cali and we can't get SBR stamps so what I would do is make a fake can to take up the room forward of the FSGB that ends right at the muzzle. It's basiclly a threaded sleeve that will screw onto the GB and has the look of a can. You will be able to keep your barrel imtact and use that AK74U style GBFS