hey all I just got my saiga 12 haven't got to shoot it yet......I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on conversion kits to switch to a folding buttstock and pistol grip with quad rails. But I don't want to drill and everything else.......can anyone help?

There is a ton of info on the site in the various sections and many people that will help you. IMO, you should look into it and do a real conversion. The drilling/grinding is a lot simpler than it sounds and the end result is a much better gun than one with the bolt on "conversion" stock. Those stocks do not make it balance and better or the trigger any better.

However before you do anything, you should take the gun and put at least hundred rounds or so through it. You may have cycling issues with various loads and it is best to fix it before converting and realizing it does not work properly.

thanks I'll definately be getting some lead down range. I'm really uptight about the whole drilling thing because I don't have a drill I'm comfortable with putting into and against the weapon. But I've started looking around on the website and found a handful of helpful sites already. I appreciate it alot.

thanks I'll definately be getting some lead down range. I'm really uptight about the whole drilling thing because I don't have a drill I'm comfortable with putting into and against the weapon. But I've started looking around on the website and found a handful of helpful sites already. I appreciate it alot.

Of all the Saiga conversions..........the S12 is the easiest. No joke.

(OK, I haven't personally converted every caliber Saiga, besides a x39 and my S12......but the S12 was far easier than the x39)

Don't be afraid! I have a few high priced guns, (to me anyway) and the S-12 was pretty high priced when I bought it at the height of the frenzy. This was the first gun I had ever really done anything to, and I ended up changing the trigger, then decided to take off the side optic mount - long story short, I cut,drilled and beat the hell on this gun like I would have never, ever imagined doing to any other gun I've ever owned, and I'm not done yet. It really is a satisfaction moment when you do a mod and can step back and say you did it yourself (with a lot of help here from the guys on this thread). This shotgun is SO versatile and there are SO many options to personalize it and make it your own. Absolutely do not be intimidated or afraid to put your personal touch on it. And it's like the Lay's chip thing, you can never just have one. I've got a second one now that I want to start working on. It's a sickness, but in a good way. Look around at the threads, see what you like, and DIVE IN!

Of all the Saiga conversions..........the S12 is the easiest. No joke.

(OK, I haven't personally converted every caliber Saiga, besides a x39 and my S12......but the S12 was far easier than the x39)

I don't see how the S-12 conversion restoration could have been easier, unless you just used a DIY triggerguard kit and didn't cut the proper hole in the receiver for your pistol grip.