ok so yesterday after getting off work, i ran to the first truck stop in Louisiana to get some cigarettes, about a mile and a half into la. i saw a sign that said narcotics checkpoint 1/2 mile, so i stopped a took a picture of that mofo.....

i was on my bike, i got back on waited till it was clear, and headed back on my way...

about 30 sec-1min later i was "politely" asked by 2 dea guys and 2 la. state police to delete my picture, i told them no, i'd rather not, the guys, were nice but dressed like paintballers (wearing mesh tac vests and hoods and shit)

did they not want a picture proof that they were stopping anyone they wanted to spread over the internet? i guess you can do anything you want as long as you put up a sign saying you are doing something "good" for society

if that bitch is there today, i'll have it up this afternoon.....

ohh and i watched about 15 cars get pulled over, not for speeding, not for breaking any rules, but for just entering luisiana....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."   Ben Franklin    

I ask this. When do you draw the line?   When they start doing house to house seaches will you give in?    

I'm glad this shit is illegal in Washington State, including sobriety checkpoints or any other kind of random stop. I don't have anything to hide, I just have better things to do than participate in a

Posted Images

I just did a search for the picture on Google and found that so I posted it. BUT I also read that the officers are using that sign to get people to exit on a ramp that gets little to no traffic on it because there are no services....

We got caught in one of these last year on July 4th weekend. It was on I-10 about 5 miles in from Texas. They didn't really check for any drugs or search the car though. All they checked was inspection/registration tags, valid license/any warrants, insurance card, and we were on our way again. Guess the sign gives them a good reason to get someone pulled over.

superA,

It's kinda like the "Having to be visible to run radar/speed trap". In this country we HAVE to give the law breakers EVERY chance to avoid getting caught. If they're still stupid enough to get caught, then I guess they really do deserve it. Sadly this inhibits catching the real bad guys, but who cares, as long as you can hide behind hired security.

These types of things just rub me the wrong way.

Ya great idea. Lets harrass and stop a bunch of law abiding citizens for no good reason, all so a bunch of drug addicts can ditch their stashes and get away.

Wonder how many baggies of drugs are laying all around the side of the road by that sign....

• Like 1

sobriety checkpoints are very common here. at least once a month the highway patrol and local LE will tie up traffic at a major intersection for a night, hassling every car that drives through in the hopes of nabbing someone on their way home from the bar, or someone who has half a joint in their pocket. the words "unreasonable search and seizure" come to mind....

Edited by number1punk
  • Like 3

Guys those warnings are'nt really meant for "Law abiding citizens" . What they are is the result of some court precedent in which the defendants lawyer said "My client would'nt have been transporting drugs if he had known there was a checkpoint ahead." I like to call them "Lowest common denominator" rules. They sometimes defy common sense but it's the "rules" . Just like speed limits , background checks to buy guns or any number of ridiculous things that we have as a society. In this case it was all about interdiction and the folks they're looking for in that case are the ones who either turn around or una$$ the area most expeditiously. Again take into consideration the two root causes that facilitate this...............Stupid people and Lawyers. We do live in a country where they put "Warning" labels on coffee cups advising you that it might be hot.

• Like 2

Guys those warnings are'nt really meant for "Law abiding citizens" . What they are is the result of some court precedent in which the defendants lawyer said "My client would'nt have been transporting drugs if he had known there was a checkpoint ahead." I like to call them "Lowest common denominator" rules. They sometimes defy common sense but it's the "rules" . Just like speed limits , background checks to buy guns or any number of ridiculous things that we have as a society. In this case it was all about interdiction and the folks they're looking for in that case are the ones who either turn around or una$$ the area most expeditiously. Again take into consideration the two root causes that facilitate this...............Stupid people and Lawyers. We do live in a country where they put "Warning" labels on coffee cups advising you that it might be hot.

\

Maybe we just shouldn't have fucking random checkpoints in the first place. Maybe I should be able to go about my day without worry or care of being stopped and possibly searched for no reason or fault of my own.

• Like 4

Yeah! If you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to hide! :rolleyes:

post-21696-071593800 1278707156_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I just did a search for the picture on Google and found that so I posted it. BUT I also read that the officers are using that sign to get people to exit on a ramp that gets little to no traffic on it because there are no services....

This is how it works ^^^^^

The agency puts the sign up right before an off ramp that has no businesses or housing at the intersections, and they check out everyone who exits there.

There is no actual checkpoint on the road the sign is seen from.

It lets the criminals implicate themselves.

I'm glad this shit is illegal in Washington State, including sobriety checkpoints or any other kind of random stop. I don't have anything to hide, I just have better things to do than participate in a roadside dog and pony show. In other words, I'm not the problem so leave me the fuck alone.

• Like 6

I'm glad this shit is illegal in Washington State, including sobriety checkpoints or any other kind of random stop. I don't have anything to hide, I just have better things to do than participate in a roadside dog and pony show. In other words, I'm not the problem so leave me the fuck alone.

Is being tied up for 3-4 minutes not worth catching some drunk person driving down the road that could kill you, a family member, or someone else? Or catching someone bringing drugs into your area that could wind up in the hands of someone you care about?

• Like 1

Is being tied up for 3-4 minutes not worth catching some drunk person driving down the road that could kill you, a family member, or someone else? Or catching someone bringing drugs into your area that could wind up in the hands of someone you care about?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Ben Franklin

• Like 13

What you need to realize is that we no longer live in a free country, and that the Police believe that if they have a sign or camera set up that they have "probable cause". Which is total bullshit because they DON'T!!!

No

To be more precise, catching the person would be worth it, fishing for the person is not.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1

senario..............

Place a sign, checkpoint ahead.......

Oh my god, Pull over to get rid of the drugs.....

Meanwhile DEA and local PD are in concealment, waiting for this.........

They tag you with video.......

let you leave the area....

Retreave the evidence.......

Radio ahead for the bust......

Your case is closed......

You go to jail........

You get to meet some very horney people in prison....

End of line.

!!HUZZAH!!

Several have gotten it correctly - the sign is a decoy. Several years ago, a small town PD in the Florida panhandle on a small county road that fed into Georgia put up a "slow - drug interdiction inspection point ahead" sign with flashing lights and then chased down and pulled over every vehicle that pulled a U-turn when approaching the sign. They confiscated a ton of dope, money and vehicles, quote from the Chief was "best $50 sign we ever bought!"