The Russian media has really diluted the meaning of SpetsNaz over the years. It now refers to anyone who wears a black mask during missions and is not a terrorist/criminal - everyone from some provincial OMOH/SWAT guy, to Alpha and Delta Force ops.

The most impressive SpetSnaz missions ever were probably the Amin Palace Storming in Afghanistan in 1979 and the resolution of the Sukhumi Prison Siege in 1990 (or was that 91?). These days, these guys do end up with a lot of losses and collateral damage, but then again, what other special forces in the world have to deal with shit like having to storm a school or a theater, held hostage by heavily armed motherfuckers who came there expecting and prepared to die?

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

Yes, especially that guy. You'll see him at about 9 seconds in.

Another of my favorites.

Spetsnaz-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

HOLY MOLY how can anybody survive that blast??? poor hostages. and the poster duuude >>> i cant believe the guy in charge of that whole fiasco got a freakin medal .... russian special forces are good but they are only good in military type of operations. where its shoot 1st then chk who survived later. police special forces shud have a very different mentality from that. and at least here in the good ol USA and western european countries they do. but for russians >>> they have a long way to go.

as long as there are muslims;there will always be a reason for russians and the world alike to train in anti-terrorism!sad,but true!

BOB we hate and fear those who our big brother tells us to hate and fear. cmon dude we went through this crap last century. gov told the ppl to hate and fear (insert here) and ppl hated/fear them. gov told the ppl to hate and fear catholics/protestants and ppl hated/feared them. gov told ppl to hate and fear jews and they hated/feared them. gov told the ppl to hate and fear black and ppl hated/feared them. now its the latino immigrants and muslims. whoz gonna b next? do u really think that if 1,4 billion muslims in the world declared the war on us we still b sittin here and enjoyin bud? i cant talk for every muslim and i wont>> i know 2 kids who are muslims. 2 brothers >>> the older is a decorated veteran who spent 5 years in iraq with 1st infantry div. the younger one is in afghanistan rite now, he is army recon dont remember wat unit thou. i never heard them say one bad word about our great nation (except maybe for shitty pay) and their whole fam is proud of them. everybody entitled to their own opinion but cmon dude.. u gotta see beyond wats media is sellin u.

The Russian media has really diluted the meaning of SpetsNaz over the years. It now refers to anyone who wears a black mask during missions and is not a terrorist/criminal - everyone from some provincial OMOH/SWAT guy, to Alpha and Delta Force ops.

The most impressive SpetSnaz missions ever were probably the Amin Palace Storming in Afghanistan in 1979 and the resolution of the Sukhumi Prison Siege in 1990 (or was that 91?). These days, these guys do end up with a lot of losses and collateral damage, but then again, what other special forces in the world have to deal with shit like having to storm a school or a theater, held hostage by heavily armed motherfuckers who came there expecting and prepared to die?

i completely agree with u... buuut thats y they call themselves "special", rite? they suppose to "improvise, adapt, and overcome" better than a regular inf battalion.