Its simply awesome .Yes it fits the saigas as well.

Well, since I don't expect to see the Izhmash rail modded saigas showing up at RRA any time soon, I got the closest thing I could find.

Man I just can't believe I went this long without one. Its awesome. I finally understand why Mark Krebbs is praised so much.

The sight radius of a standard 16 inch barreled saiga from what I measured is about 14 inches. The sight radius on this specific rifle with

the peep sight is 28 inches. The rear sight has two aperatures. I took the picture through the smaller pin hole aperature. The other larger aperature

works more like a ghost ring sight. The rail is stable enough to mount the heaviest scopes and hold zero. Rails are obviously not for everyone but neither are

kalishnakovs.

2654020-tfb-tm.jpg

2isdus6.jpg[

Is the first picture a different setup?

The picture with an orange-brown background is of an actual Izhmash rail modded select fire rifle. Notice the extra selector notch on the receiver.

I just put that up for reference.

Even the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev loves the hinged receiver rail concept. If this catches on, maybe all new Izhmash rifles will have such a rail.

I guess time will tell.

2654328-tfb.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

that rail looks good and looks good on your vepr also. cool to get a user review on it.

and sorry to hijack the thread a touch, but each time I see the AK -200, I see new features I missed the last time. That bipod-grip looks like a bad idea to me. how do they plan to keep it stable when deployed. i wonder if the legs walk out of position easily. Also, I wonder if 60 rnd 5.45 mags are becoming standard for them.

Sorry if I missed it, who is it made by? Or did you mod it yourself?

Looks great

Thanks for the info. And ya, I'll have to put that one on my lottery list.

vvvvvvvvvv

Edited by kope007

that is a sweet setup. what type of optic are you planning on mounting to it? i thought about getting one of those rails but one of the things that had me worried was the weight. does it make the gun feel much heavier? I have an ultimak and an aimpoint comp ml3. It is quite a noticeable weight gain on my setup. the krebs rail looks pretty beefy, how do u think it would be with an optic mounted to it?

that is a sweet setup. what type of optic are you planning on mounting to it? i thought about getting one of those rails but one of the things that had me worried was the weight. does it make the gun feel much heavier? I have an ultimak and an aimpoint comp ml3. It is quite a noticeable weight gain on my setup. the krebs rail looks pretty beefy, how do u think it would be with an optic mounted to it?

I have a huge 32 power scope I have been trying to mount on the rifle for a while and the side scope mounts have not been working well enough to my liking. The scope is temporary for a project and then later I might mount a much smaller 4 power scope or an aimpoint. The longer sight radius is very much welcomed by myself. The mount does add just under a pound to the rifle. The scope going on weighs 24 ounces. Add in the rings and overall its a little under 3 pounds added.

Under 3 pounds, that sounds like a lot. but i def believe its worth it. i should have weighed mine before and after. that longer sight radius along with the aperture sight must be night and day compared to stock ak sights. plus you can add any optic you want and it will work and will be rock solid. when i bought my ultimak that kreb rail wasn't available. i might have gone with it over the ultimak if it was available back then. please post pics when u get your optic mounted.