I'm not totally clear on the gas setings...

I've done a search on here and haven't been able to answer my question.

I understand the basic concept. Setting 1= less gas for magnum load and Setting 2= more gas for low brass ammo

The part that I don't understand is that when you fully seat the gas plug, it stops between setting 1 and 2. When you unscrew it, it first click stops on setting 2. You must then press the release button so that you can continue to unscrew it to get to setting 1.

Now if you want to go to setting 2, do you unscrew it (counter clockwise) or screw it back in (clockwise)?

I know, weird question. Couldn't find an answer in the manual either.

I understand the basic concept. Setting 1= less gas for magnum load and Setting 2= more gas for low brass ammo

The part that I don't understand is that when you fully seat the gas plug, it stops between setting 1 and 2. When you unscrew it, it first click stops on setting 2. You must then press the release button so that you can continue to unscrew it to get to setting 1.

Now if you want to go to setting 2, do you unscrew it (counter clockwise) or screw it back in (clockwise)?

What is confusing is where the threads start and stop, and this is completely random. There is no absolute starting position for the plug, and no reliable stopping position. So, where it starts threading in, and stops or "bottoms out" is not relevant to to operation of the gun as long as the gas plug is in the proper position in between these points.

Generally, you want the gas plug screwed in as far as possible when on setting one or two. If you are on setting one, and the plugs bottoms out before you get to setting two, back it out to get to setting two.

Hope this is helpful!

What is confusing is where the threads start and stop, and this is completely random. There is no absolute starting position for the plug, and no reliable stopping position. So, where it starts threading in, and stops or "bottoms out" is not relevant to to operation of the gun as long as the gas plug is in the proper position in between these points.

Generally, you want the gas plug screwed in as far as possible when on setting one or two. If you are on setting one, and the plugs bottoms out before you get to setting two, back it out to get to setting two.

Hope this is helpful!

Then in my case, I would be actually screwing it back in to get to setting 2 since my clicks into 2 first after being fully seated? Right? I think.... I'm confused :)

Hope this is helpful!

Then in my case, I would be actually screwing it back in to get to setting 2 since my clicks into 2 first after being fully seated? Right? I think.... I'm confused :)

Like I said. Where the threads start, and where the plug bottoms out is random. On some guns the last possible setting is two, on others it is one. Just keep both settings as close as possible to the bottoming position, and you wont risk launching your plug and puck.

Hope this is helpful!

Like I said. Where the threads start, and where the plug bottoms out is random. On some guns the last possible setting is two, on others it is one. Just keep both settings as close as possible to the bottoming position, and you wont risk launching your plug and puck.

So you can rotate the plug either way to get to setting 2?

Hope this is helpful!

Yes. If you bottom out after setting one before reaching setting two, you can back it up past setting one to setting two.

You should use whichever setting your plug can get to while being screwed in as far as it can. Then back it out to the other setting as needed. You don't want the plug unscrewed any more than it needs to be.