It ran great at the practice range,,,

Been trying to tune in my gun since I have done quite a bit of work on it. As of yesterday I at least had it running 10 round AGP mags perfectly yesterday. Only thing I did was pull the gas plug and scrape out carbon and wipe it with a dry rag.

TODAY at a match I got one mag to run all 10 one time. :cryss:

It was a 150 round speed shotgun match ran on par time. Actually a lot of fun even if I had issues all day.

After the match I went and got some 1300FPS AA stuff and it ran a little better. Need to head back to the drawing board so to speak. Seems to have short stroking since a couple times it did not reset the trigger.

First thing is cleaining it and looking to polish the trigger some more if needed and inspect the rails and internals for edges to polish and reinstalling the low recoil spring again. If that doesnt help the magwell is coming off long enough to try stock surefire 12 rounders and AGPs. IF I get the gas system/cycling side figured out I will put the magwell back on and attack that side of the equation.

Mid Barrel Comps are tricky and require alot of tuning to get it running right. If you haven't put your gas block back, do it. Also, if you have moved it back, then what gas puck are you running? If you have the lightest competition spring in your gun from CSS, then you need to increase the velocity of the bolt back.

Take out the return spring and slowly, gently, move the bolt to the rear and feel for any resistance... you should tie the trigger back with a string as the bolt will be cycling with the trigger held and has different contact with the hammer when it's in the disconnecter and when it's in the trigger hooks. Tie the trigger back, push the hammer into the discon, and slowly move your bolt carrier back and forth. First, do it with the bolt in, then take the bolt out and feel again. IF the bolt is not in the gun and your carrier feels like it has little-no resistance other than momentarily on the hammer, you're doing good. Also, if you're still using the stock wound-spring hammer-spring, replace it with a reduced power one. Shotgun primers are soft... you don't need all that force. Try to eliminate all the un-necessary friction/contact during the cycling.

You mentioned short-stroking, so you need more energy going back. Either more gas, less weight, or less return-spring and hammer spring resistance. Just test test test. Once you go porting/mid-brake/magwell, it takes the right balance to get the gun to work right, you end up riding the line between function and speed. I use a magwell on mine but have put 500 rounds through each of the mags for that well to be sure they work. If the mag has FTF/FTE or more than 1 out of 50 rounds or so, i will fix it. You really really really have to work at it to get the gun working like it should. Remember, putting a mid barrel comp on the gun at, say, 14" you've reduced the ability to gain pressure or hold pressure for the next 4-5" of barrel.... Hope that helps.

~SN

Mid Barrel Comps are tricky and require alot of tuning to get it running right. If you haven't put your gas block back, do it. Also, if you have moved it back, then what gas puck are you running? If you have the lightest competition spring in your gun from CSS, then you need to increase the velocity of the bolt back.

Take out the return spring and slowly, gently, move the bolt to the rear and feel for any resistance... you should tie the trigger back with a string as the bolt will be cycling with the trigger held and has different contact with the hammer when it's in the disconnecter and when it's in the trigger hooks. Tie the trigger back, push the hammer into the discon, and slowly move your bolt carrier back and forth. First, do it with the bolt in, then take the bolt out and feel again. IF the bolt is not in the gun and your carrier feels like it has little-no resistance other than momentarily on the hammer, you're doing good. Also, if you're still using the stock wound-spring hammer-spring, replace it with a reduced power one. Shotgun primers are soft... you don't need all that force. Try to eliminate all the un-necessary friction/contact during the cycling.

You mentioned short-stroking, so you need more energy going back. Either more gas, less weight, or less return-spring and hammer spring resistance. Just test test test. Once you go porting/mid-brake/magwell, it takes the right balance to get the gun to work right, you end up riding the line between function and speed. I use a magwell on mine but have put 500 rounds through each of the mags for that well to be sure they work. If the mag has FTF/FTE or more than 1 out of 50 rounds or so, i will fix it. You really really really have to work at it to get the gun working like it should. Remember, putting a mid barrel comp on the gun at, say, 14" you've reduced the ability to gain pressure or hold pressure for the next 4-5" of barrel.... Hope that helps.

~SN

Im using the stock gas plug and puck and I have a 4 hole gun and all have been drilled out. I have a gunfixer plug but the stock one seems to be running better which means little when it still runs in fits.

Where can I find info or pics of moving the gas block?

without a machine shop or a lathe, i wouldn't attempt to move the gas block myself.

You need to turn down the barrel back about 1.5-2" and slip the gasblock back... don't forget drilling the ports for the gas and welding the other 3-4 holes up.

without a machine shop or a lathe, i wouldn't attempt to move the gas block myself.

You need to turn down the barrel back about 1.5-2" and slip the gasblock back... don't forget drilling the ports for the gas and welding the other 3-4 holes up.

Thats what I was thinking and I can do it but my company wont allow firearms on site. Im going back to basics at the moment. Magwell off and gun striped waiting for springs. One other thing I did and forgot I had till today was the Tromix charging handle extension. Its fairly heavy and its off now as well. If I can get it running Id like to put it on but we will see. Thanks for the PM info as well.

Adding the #1 spring and the hammer spring from CSS helped. I also did some work on the hammer. Funny thing is the AGPs cycled fine but the SureFire mags would not ignite due to light hammer strikes. After some more work on the hammer its good. I have the Tromix firing pin on the way and will add it as well. I think Im ready to try to get the magwell back on and running.