Saiga 308 and a suppressor

I'm getting a 308 can in a few months (damn you BATFE and your wait times!!!!!) and I'm wondering if anyone else here has done one yet.

If you have, what ammo are you running? Is the Brown Bear and other Russian surplus good enough to shoot without baffle strikes? I'm thinking it is since it flys straight and the S308 has a pretty sturdy barrel so flex isn't as much of an issue compared to something like a PSL. Just wondering what the experienced have to say about it.

Any pics?

Thanks

Eric

I have a YHM Phantom .308 quick detach can that I enjoy. I both my 5.56 ARs as well as my .308 Saiga. I have shot Brown Bear, South African, Port and commercial ammo through it without any problems. The barrel on the Saiga is definitely heavy enough to handle the can and my YHM Phantom is no lightweight (28oz.).

3613941113_008a4b0bf2_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an old pic of my .308 with the can.

VERY nice looking rifle!!! What stock is that? How dofficult was the fitment process?

Thanks.

The stock is original, it's a ver. 21 Saiga.

Edited by finlander

For you guys out there with threaded barrels....would I be able to get my currently 17x1mm threaded barrel rethreaded to 5/8-24?

I've been reading about thread dimensions all day long for a pistol can and can't remember what has been said about the 5/8-24 threading issues/solutions for the 308.

Thanks

Eric

For you guys out there with threaded barrels....would I be able to get my currently 17x1mm threaded barrel rethreaded to 5/8-24?

I've been reading about thread dimensions all day long for a pistol can and can't remember what has been said about the 5/8-24 threading issues/solutions for the 308.

Thanks

Eric