Some background. I'm a Master in IDPA and if things go right, should be a Master in IPSC after our last classifier match. I'm sponsored by Speed Shooter Specialties. I've been running a 20 gauge 1187 in Tactical class with great success. Its fast handling, takes everything down and is an advantage in loading (I can grab 4 or 5 and load it fairly quickly weakhand). While the pattern width is smaller, the length of the shot cloud is longer and it really hammers the poppers good. I'm building a new AR15 for Open class and needed a new shotgun to go with it. I prefer the 20 gauge. Advantage with the Saiga 20 vs 12 is the smaller sized magazines. The 20 also recoils more crisply than the 12 IMHO.

I was able to find a slightly used converted Saiga 20 with 2 factory Russian 10 rounders and 3 factory 5 rounders for a really good price but it still needs some work. I plan on having Cadiz cut the barrel, adjust the ports and add a polychoke. I'm going to polish the bolt. The 20 is a little behind the curve compared to the 12 for competition use due to the availablity of mags. Hopefully there will be some US mags available soon. I haven't decided on going with an optic or using irons yet.

What other mods done to the 12 for competition can be applied to the 20? Are there any 20 magwells? BHO? RAM mag release? Open up the dust cover/ejection port? I'm new to Saigas but I'm going to make it run.

Edited by Arnisandyz