IDPA 3 Gun Saigas are out

http://www.idpa.com/rules_updates.asp

Specifically Appendix 1 Page 13

"2. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for Shotguns

The following modifications are NOT ALLOWED on any shotgun.

A. No Bi-pods

B. No Laser aiming devices.

C. No compensators.

D. No speedloaders or detachable box magazines"

So use an MD-20... It's a drum mag, not a box mag. :D:up:

Good news

The two or three local IDPA clubs will not be having IDPA 3 gun matches it has been agreed upon that we are having to much fun the way we have been conducting our three gun, we will not allow then to suck the fun out of the sport so we will continue to carry on as usual Saiga's and all.

Seems that they can have all the rules they want but most of the local clubs have already made up their minds, no one wants to loose members and money over rules made up by strangers, most important of all we decide whats good for us not them.

Good news

The two or three local IDPA clubs will not be having IDPA 3 gun matches it has been agreed upon that we are having to much fun the way we have been conducting our three gun, we will not allow then to suck the fun out of the sport so we will continue to carry on as usual Saiga's and all.

Seems that they can have all the rules they want but most of the local clubs have already made up their minds, no one wants to loose members and money over rules made up by strangers, most important of all we decide whats good for us not them.

That's the way we run things here for SASS. We do it OUR way. SASS lost it's way a few years ago and now it's all about the money. Our way has worked for about 15 years.

I get less interested in IDPA as my gunfighting evolves. My concealed carry piece is equipped with a Trijicon RMR, and I love Saiga shotguns. Both of which are very practical, and not welcome in IDPA. I don't care what "class" they put me in, as long as I can shoot.