AK54r vs Saiga 308

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Azrial you are seriously a dick. I have been reading over the .308 posts for the past couple days and seen you call people "a bald [should be bold] face liar" "a miserable little peice of roach shit"

Chase - If you've really been reading back over the posts, you'll notice that Azrial has more knowledge than you have ever thought about having. It seems that you don't have anything of value to contr

No answer? Aren't you guy that wants me to believe that he built a 1.5 MOA Saiga .308!   Like I told you the other day, you have no idea in hell what you are talking about when it comes to rifl

Posted Images

Everyone seems to think of AKs as not very accurate, my 308 can shoot just as well as my deer rifle @200 yds. This is the longest range near me. Unless you start getting into match grade fluted free floating bull barrels with a super clean trigger the accuracy of all modern firearms is pretty damn good.

I never said anything about the carrier hitting the receiver, the motion alone is enough.

As is so well stated above there are numerous differences between the two types of rifles.

Everyone seems to think of AKs as not very accurate, my 308 can shoot just as well as my deer rifle @200 yds. This is the longest range near me. Unless you start getting into match grade fluted free floating bull barrels with a super clean trigger the accuracy of all modern firearms is pretty damn good.

I don't know if to congratulate you on finding a one in a million AK or send you a sympathy card for your boltie as no real data is presented.

4MOA suffices for a semi MBR while 1MOA is generally held as the standard for bolt actions if one could be assigned. I get that from an off the shelf Marlin 308 so not exactly the outer edge of the matter.

AKs just are not as inaccurate as everyone thinks (single shot only) the longest range i have ever shot my WASR at has been 300yds and it could ring plates at that distance and that was a very cheap AK with a short barrel. The long barrel 308 is very accurate, the problem with AKs is their sights they outright suck. Toss a scope on and you see huge improvements right away. Once you take the human factor out of the equation it comes down to ammo and barrel I have had all my barrels re-crowned which helped a lot, all it takes is a very small chip to really mess with the bullet.

There are AKs and then there are Saigas. No real comparing a 308 21" Saiga to some WASR, not to be hard on the WASR.

You can wring some fair accuracy out of a S308 if you take time to find what ammo to feed it. Ive put a couple thousand rounds though mine in that search.

I keep some mags loaded with the good hand loaded stuff and keep an eye out for specialty ammo to fill a need as I am not above buying more mags to keep filled.

For training purposes I will burn Tula all day long...its cheap and fair 4MOA ammo.

I had good results from aperture sights in particular long radius like Tech-Sights. Scopes have been a mixed bag due to the rough treatment mine will get from time to time.

But thats a discussion for another time.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread (like 2010), member Georgia PD was going to do an evaluation of the .308 Saiga with his PD sniper buddies. Did that ever happen?

If so, could someone link me to the thread? I've checked the posts attributed to him in his profile, but only saw a handful of recent posts.