Some more fuel for the rumor mill

We have already seen the 16" Saiga .223 (Model IZ-114) , Saiga 410 (Model IZ-104), and Saiga 5.45x39 (IZ-240) dry up over the last two months. Due to contract issues, we have been told by our distributors to not expect any Saiga rifles or shotguns once the current inventories dry up. We are getting close to running out of Saiga 7.62x39 rifles with 16" barrel (Model IZ-132). We still have small quantities of Saiga 7.62x39 long barrel rifles and large quantities of Saiga 12s.

Saiga 7.62x39

The importer is currently sold out of the Saiga 7.62x39 (Model IZ-132). Today, we were given access to 164 rifles. As soon as these rifles dry up, we were told that we would not be able to get these back in stock for the foreseeable future. While quantities are still available or until July 24, we have lowered our price to $299 + shipping.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-rifle-with-163-barrel-iz132-p-1272.html

Just got this in an e-mail from one of the business members here, there was info about the .410, but I don't care about it and this is the 7.62x39 section, so I left it out. To me, this sounds like crap. According to the e-mail, this rifle is apparently disappearing forever, yet they're putting it on sale. Is RAA thinking about lowering the price on the next batch, or something, and people that still have stock are trying to get rid of it? To me, that seems to make more sense. The only thing that makes it sound even remotely legitimate to me is that it's from a business member here, and I tend to hold the sponsors here to a higher standard. That being said, this still smells like poo-poo.

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis
  • Like 2

I don't think they are trying to mislead customers like some other vendors, in fact $299 is a great price.

Quote: "As soon as these rifles dry up, we were told that we would not be able to get these back in stock for the foreseeable future." Which is normal. Seems like every year the Saigas dry up for a few months as Izshmash moves production to satisfy other contracts. Then they ship another boatload to the states.

• Like 2

If you doubt the availability of the rifles for the foreseeable future, call the importer.

We make very little on guns. Most people buy parts from the place where they purchase the firearm. If guns aren't available to purchase, customers don't buy parts. We are selling these at our cost to move as many as we can while we can.

• Like 2

If you doubt the availability of the rifles for the foreseeable future, call the importer.

We make very little on guns. Most people buy parts from the place where they purchase the firearm. If guns aren't available to purchase, customers don't buy parts. We are selling these at our cost to move as many as we can while we can.

Yeah, but what's with the misleading info? Your e-mail makes it like "the end" is near. I'm sorry you don't sell many parts when guns aren't selling, but I don't think that's a reason to create rumors. I can't speak for everyone, but I assure you I never give a penny of my money to any business that engages in scare tactics. This e-mail reminds me of the crap Cheaper Than Dirt was pulling.

Best of luck with your new advertising strategy.

• Like 2

So M.A.A. gives the forum members a heads up on what he has been told by the importer, and that makes him doing something wrong?

Wow....tough crowd.....

The importer debunked this either last month or the month before. My memory could be flawed though, they could have only been referring to the 12 gauges. Let's ask.

"Due to contract issues, we have been told by our distributors to not expect any Saiga rifles or shotguns once the current inventories dry up."

This sounds like issues between their distributors and that seller, not issues with the rifles becoming not available to other sellers....or from the importer, RAAC..

maybe Cadiz gun works will chime in, isnt he the RAAC warranty place?

or, has anyone just picked up a phone and CALLED RAAC about this?

I know the 5.45 rumor ( not coming in anymore) was debunked by just a call to them....

Just my two cents, I already have my Saiga...

Edited by icefire

I took that as the contract between RAA and Izhmash, I don't think importers and distributors often use contracts. I think they just order more when they want some. I didn't mean any offense to MAA at all, I was just confused by the discount put on an item that is still desired but becoming rarer. Usually prices go up instead of down when that happens and there has been a bit of talk about this rumor lately.

Could the Kvar deal be effecting RAAC?

Either way, Nathan (MAA) has been nothing but an upstanding business here for years...

I have no doubt that he was giving info to you as straight has he had received it...

Y'all are pole smokers for jumpin' on him like that.....

I wasnt jumping on anyone, just trying to figure it out. He is offering his remaining guns at a great price. I would buy another if I had the money right now....

just trying to figure out why we keep hearing that saigas wont be coming into certain places anymore...

I wasnt jumping on anyone, just trying to figure it out. He is offering his remaining guns at a great price. I would buy another if I had the money right now....

just trying to figure out why we keep hearing that saigas wont be coming into certain places anymore...

Not you, bro.... Sorry

I was referring to folks thinking that was intending to use an underhanded sales tactic....

I was referring to folks thinking that was intending to use an underhanded sales tactic....

I'm just calling what I see. E-mail states the guns are "drying up" and that they've been "told not to expect any more" following that logic, prices on the guns should be skyrocketing. We all know what happens when guns are thought to dry up, they sell for tons more over value. $850 early 09 WASRs and $60 boxes of .380 anyone? The story just doesn't add up.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

How is the email misleading? All information in the email is fact and verifiable. If there are doubts, feel free to contact them yourself.

The Saiga 12s are the only firearm that RAA has in possession in large quantities. RAA does not have any IZ-114, IZ-132, IZ-240, or IZ-104s in stock.

When we spoke to RAA, they confirmed what our distributors have been telling us. Izhmash is currently focused on filling military contracts. RAA does not have any IZ-114, IZ-132, IZ-240, or IZ-104s on the way. RAA does not expect any for the foreseeable future. We were told by our distributors that the IZ-114 and IZ-240 were about to become difficult to find and we haven't been able to get them for 3+ months. There are no IZ-114 or IZ-240s on their way from Russia to RAA.

We do not have any problems moving firearms. We try to keep good relationship with our customers and notifying customers of issues like this often keeps customers as long term happy customers.

Do you know something that we don't know? Do have contract with Izhmash with guns on the way to your warehouse?

Yeah, but what's with the misleading info? Your e-mail makes it like "the end" is near. I'm sorry you don't sell many parts when guns aren't selling, but I don't think that's a reason to create rumors. I can't speak for everyone, but I assure you I never give a penny of my money to any business that engages in scare tactics. This e-mail reminds me of the crap Cheaper Than Dirt was pulling.

Best of luck with your new advertising strategy.

I'm just calling what I see. E-mail states the guns are "drying up" and that they've been "told not to expect any more" following that logic, prices on the guns should be skyrocketing. We all know what happens when guns are thought to dry up, they sell for tons more over value. $850 early 09 WASRs and $60 boxes of .380 anyone? The story just doesn't add up.

as am I.....

I went to Hyatt Coin and Gun shop today,... they had 3 saigas,2 2.62 x 39 $625 and $879 and one real nice .223 with the factory wood thumbhole stock (with factory forward trigger) $650.

I commented that they seemed priced kinda high, and the guy looked me right in the eyes and told me they are no longer being imported, I said no way, and he said the same thing again, they are no longer being imported

WTF??

Most people buy the rifle first and accessories later. Saiga 7.62x39 accessories have out sold 223 accessories 10 to 1 over the last 2 months since the Saiga 223s have dried up. When Saiga 12s dried up for a couple months 2 years ago, S12 accessories did not move very well. Rather than make money on a small number of Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, we would rather move as many as we can into the hands of current and new customers, so they will be back in the coming weeks or months to trick out their purchase.

I took that as the contract between RAA and Izhmash, I don't think importers and distributors often use contracts. I think they just order more when they want some. I didn't mean any offense to MAA at all, I was just confused by the discount put on an item that is still desired but becoming rarer. Usually prices go up instead of down when that happens and there has been a bit of talk about this rumor lately.

I went to Hyatt Coin and Gun shop today,... they had 3 saigas,2 2.62 x 39 $625 and $879 and one real nice .223 with the factory wood thumbhole stock (with factory forward trigger) $650.

I commented that they seemed priced kinda high, and the guy looked me right in the eyes and told me they are no longer being imported, I said no way, and he said the same thing again, they are no longer being imported

WTF??

If RAA's dry up they would still never be priced that high. I mean for $625 you could buy a SGL-21. Dealers usually post high prices and are open to haggling. Heck, occasionally that guy probably finds some chump to pay those prices I guess... :cryss:

...$850 early 09 WASRs...

That's what I sold mine for.. in early '09. :D

How is it that you fall backwards onto money and I end up broke? :lolol:

I am wondering the same thing :lolol:

How is the email misleading? All information in the email is fact and verifiable. If there are doubts, feel free to contact them yourself.

The Saiga 12s are the only firearm that RAA has in possession in large quantities. RAA does not have any IZ-114, IZ-132, IZ-240, or IZ-104s in stock.

When we spoke to RAA, they confirmed what our distributors have been telling us. Izhmash is currently focused on filling military contracts. RAA does not have any IZ-114, IZ-132, IZ-240, or IZ-104s on the way. RAA does not expect any for the foreseeable future. We were told by our distributors that the IZ-114 and IZ-240 were about to become difficult to find and we haven't been able to get them for 3+ months. There are no IZ-114 or IZ-240s on their way from Russia to RAA.

We do not have any problems moving firearms. We try to keep good relationship with our customers and notifying customers of issues like this often keeps customers as long term happy customers.

Do you know something that we don't know? Do have contract with Izhmash with guns on the way to your warehouse?

As a gun enthusiast who is not prone to panic buying and sucker stories, I look on things like your e-mail with suspicion. All of us gun guys have, at some point, wound up in a shop or site that thinks the end is nigh and wants to sell something for 2x as much as the place across town because it's going to be banned/getting sued/no longer imported, etc. the list goes on. Especially with some of the outright lies and scare tactics used by the gun industry since late '08. I had a guy last year at a gun shop trying to convince me that 30-30 ammo was going to be banned "any day now." Unfortunately this leaves people like myself callous to these kinds of things.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1

Most people buy the rifle first and accessories later. Saiga 7.62x39 accessories have out sold 223 accessories 10 to 1 over the last 2 months since the Saiga 223s have dried up. When Saiga 12s dried up for a couple months 2 years ago, S12 accessories did not move very well. Rather than make money on a small number of Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, we would rather move as many as we can into the hands of current and new customers, so they will be back in the coming weeks or months to trick out their purchase.

I wish I would have know about all this before your .223s dried up. Oh well. This sucks though. Good price on the 7.62. I might jump on one or two.

Wow that is a whooper of a story. Never forget that generally speaking there is a LOT of shady characters in the gun biz.

MAA is not shady. I have been dealing with them for a long time. Ask anybody that deals with them.

Ok I didn't see the source, so I retract the statement considering MAA has a good rep. I don't like the way the email is worded but hey its their biz, the explanation given should have been a part of it not like email has a word cost to it and would have prevented a ton of misunderstanding.

• Like 3