Some more fuel for the rumor mill

We weren't given any notice before our distributors ran out of the IZ114 and IZ240s. Rather than having it happen again, we asked our distributors to let us know next time before something like this happens.

I wish I would have know about all this before your .223s dried up. Oh well. This sucks though. Good price on the 7.62. I might jump on one or two.

Didn't this happen back in 07 as well? I remember everyone running around thinking they had been banned or some such.

Rather its just the government owned factory, preforming its intended function of making military firearms. They will start running sporting firearms in a few months (I'd bet we pay better then the Russian army).

• Like 1

Could the Kvar deal be effecting RAAC?

Either way, Nathan (MAA) has been nothing but an upstanding business here for years...

I have no doubt that he was giving info to you as straight has he had received it...

Y'all are pole smokers for jumpin' on him like that.....

Now THAT'S some funny shit. . . coming from Juggie-baby and all.

:lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . . . :super: . . . :super: . . . :super: . . . . . . :angel:

• Like 1

You know, I haven't got a dog in this hunt but MAA makes a good point from a marketing perspective. The profit margin on accessories is going to be higher than on the rifles. If their stock of rifles is low but their stock of accessories is high, it would be smarter to get them out there to the public knowing that some portion is going to come back. And it also bolsters their reputation as a stand up company for trying to give a heads up to customers on their email list.

But if they'd held on to the rifles in anticipation of higher market prices, they'd be blasted for gouging.

Tough crowd...

• Like 1

If Izhmash is currently focused on filling military contracts at the expense of most commercial business this would indicate a massive jump in Military orders.

Possibly due to its new AK or perhaps someone is gearing up? Hmmm

Anyone?

We weren't given any notice before our distributors ran out of the IZ114 and IZ240s. Rather than having it happen again, we asked our distributors to let us know next time before something like this happens.

I wish I would have know about all this before your .223s dried up. Oh well. This sucks though. Good price on the 7.62. I might jump on one or two.

Ooooh I GOTTCHA. Well I appreciate yall putting the word out this time. Frankly, I dont understand all this hostility for you trying to provide a service to your customer...I for one want to stay informed.

• Like 1

Let me see....if I was gonna create a buying panic, I certainly wouldn't be selling at a reduced price, would I????

I have dealt with MAA and they have ALWAYS been a stand-up company.

I for one thank them for this information!!!

It seems we have some exceptionally jaded members here, which is understandable given some of the less than stellar performances of a few individuals and companies in the business.

Edited by Rockina

Let me see....if I was gonna create a buying panic, I certainly wouldn't be selling at a reduced price, would I????

It seems we have some exceptionally jaded members here, which is understandable given some of the less than stellar performances of a few individuals and companies in the business.

great point and good post

I dont think anyone disputes MAAs reputation, I for one have always had great dealings with them. As a matter of fact I may be ignorant, but Ive never heard a real complaint, But the statement speaks for itself. I for one would like to know what the situation is as it will change my acquisition strategy short term. Need information, not throwing stones, damn, where did all this sensitivity come from? Never mind answering that, CNN just said Women control the world now, got it. :rolleyes:

...Need information, not throwing stones, damn, where did all this sensitivity come from? Never mind answering that, CNN just said Women control the world now, got it. :rolleyes:

I don't see why this email has caused such a ruckus. MAA is a solid business. Buy from them or don't, but I don't think they've deliberately misled anyone. CNN can suck my cock. :D Women rule the world? Only till we notice and smack em back into their place. :chris:

I don't care what the situation is. For $299, I'd buy it right now if I could. That is if they are willing to ship to my FFL in Kali but I know they won't. Seems like everyone outside of Kali gets the good deals.

I'm pretty sure stock Saiga sporters are perfectly Cali legal, I'm not sure if MAA would ship to your FFL or not, but I'm pretty sure they will. $300 is a great price for the rifle, I don't think anyone is disputing that.

My main point about posting this thread was to provide another source for this recurring rumor that Saigas are going to get harder to come by, and have some discussion about that. That's why I didn't include the name of the vendor.

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

I can tell you that I personally called RAAC during the first half of June for clarification.

A nice gentleman picked up the phone.

I swear his voice sounded like the voice of the proprietor. I say this because I saw an interview of the RAAC president at the SHOT show that was put up on youtube.

The gentleman told me that they were definitely going to get more rifles but that the Russians are filling other orders first and that it might be a while but not to worry. And that 5.45x39's were definitely on order.

I specifically asked about 5.45 but I'm sure all of the other previously imported calibers will be there as well.

• Like 1

talked to RAAC my self.

"Saigas are still available for import. We are trying to bring them in at a price that will work for the American market. The factory continues to raise prices and we are not buying at the inflated prices. We all know the Saiga market will only work at a certain price range. No luck in this endeavor yet."

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

RAAC

I don't care what the situation is. For $299, I'd buy it right now if I could. That is if they are willing to ship to my FFL in Kali but I know they won't. Seems like everyone outside of Kali gets the good deals.

I just bought three. My first experience with the Saiga, I've been lurking for a little while now. I also bought conversion kits for two. . .can't wait to get to work!

My guns came in today. . .talk about fast. MAA was a pleasure to deal with, and at $299 I feel great about the deal I got. I'm shooting this weekend, and converting in a few weeks. I'm sure I will be asking a few questions in the next few weeks!

We ship to CA, NY (not NYC), and NJ dealers.

I guess contact MAA for clarification BEFORE starting a thread (that you just had to know was going to turn into a minor shitstorm)questioning their integrity never occurred to you....

Edited by Dancing Bear