For the most part - It's Finished!

Ok, well I finally put the finishing touches on my .223 conversion. I got some small details to work out, like 1 more US part... Damn 922 rule!! So far it's US Gas Piston, FCG and US buttstock. One part short! So I guess I'll have to go with a US made mag. I was hoping to find a US follower for the weiger mags but no luck...

The final touch is a red dot of some sort... I've been looking and I can't really seem to make up my mind.. so I'm asking for some input.. what's a good red dot that won't break the bank and something that you guys thinks looks good?

Enjoy!

post-4681-064221000 1279149254_thumb.jpg

post-4681-007130300 1279149271_thumb.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but this is my understanding... Since the Saiga does not originally come with a brake by adding one your increasing the parts count and then by trading it out for a US brake is just a wash... your not really decreasing the amout of foreign parts on the gun...

Agree?

Yes it would be a wash..

Rifles have 14 from factory.

You subtracted 5 parts thus far.. FCG = 3, stock =1, piston =1.

If you have a US made brake already then thats a 0. I think the PG you have adds 1 but you have the piston so -1.

14-5=9 which means your under the magical 10 parts.. with the foreign grip you may be at 10.. but 10 or fewer is the key...

I did Bulgy Wood on my 762.. I have FCG for 3, and the US pistol grip is 0 (nill like your brake), and I went with floor plates and followers for 2 more.. total of 5.. I'm at 9 (no brake or threading).

Albert

Well the Bushnell TRS25 3MOA Dot is on sale for $90 at Cabelas and theres a 3 MOA Millet for $80 at Midway.

I have a 6MOA Bushnell Trophy $71 from Opticsplanet.. (should have went 3MOA for tighter groups).. didn't know THEN..

There is a Bushnell tube (like mine) that has 4 reticle options for like $90 which has a 3/10/Crosshair/ 65 circle and 1 moa dot)

You can figure smaller MOA dot = smaller groups.. I get 5-7 at 100 and 10-11 at 200 yards..:killer:

You can get an EOTech 65/1 for $390 which has the 65 circle and 1 moa dot or Russian PK-AS for $300 which has same,

Some go with the Aimpoint Micro CLONE for $100 or so.. (just like the TRS25)

Albert