My first handgun ever...........

.......and it's a Glock 23! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Some of you already know, I'm a recent transplant from NY, to SC. NY has ridiculous laws surrounding handgun ownership, so I never bothered to apply for a permit.

But down here, in free America..........all I needed was a valid SC driver's license. There's not even a minimum required time of residency. I literally went to the DMV, switched my driver's license over to SC, and about an hour later, went to the gunshop and walked out with a G23. Freaking amazing. :wub:

I'm going to pick up a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it, and get some G19 mags. 2 guns in 1!

(........oh yeah, I traded my factory x39 Saiga toward it. They gave me $275 for it. Not bad, considering I paid $300 for it a couple years ago. I ended up paying a little over $500 for it, including the trade money. Probably not the best price in the world, but hey, I'm impatient and was excited. :D )

Here's the obligatory pic: Plain jane stock right now. I'll shoot it and see if I feel it needs anything else, besides more mags.

post-5916-030293700 1279225363_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

I can't put this damn thing down! :wub: I just keep fondling it. Hopefully, I'll get to put some rounds through it tomorrow afternoon.

Lucky for you it can't scream rape, that or it really loves the attention ;]

You're not alone though, if I had a G30 I'd be babying it too. Spend romantic evenings with it watching tv, going out to dinner and such. Hahahahahah, only kidding.

I put the first 100 rounds through it today. Just as expected, it ran 100% flawlessly.

I just need a lot more trigger time on it. Like I said, this is my first handgun, and I'm already noticing that I'm flinching slightly as I'm pulling the trigger, in anticipation of the round going off. Right before I think it's going to pop, I tighten up and it throws my aim off. I've never had this problem with long guns, though. I can slightly bypass the flinch by only letting the trigger out enough to reset after the first shot on each mag, and then pulling it again, and repeating the process.

I need to work on that.

Thanks guys.

I can't put this damn thing down! :wub: I just keep fondling it.

Haha I've had my G36 for almost 2 weeks and whenever I sit and watch TV, it comes with :D I know how you feel

My girlfriend thinks I'm an idiot for doing things like that...............but then again, most things I do makes her raise an eyebrow at me. :lolol:

Damn, the G23 is the pistol I wish I'd gotten instead of my G22 Gen 3.

Oh well, next month, it's the G23 Gen 4, for me. :haha:

BTW, if you got yours Wednesday, then we got ours the same day.

I got it on Thursday.

I'm going to have cake and ice cream next Thursday as a celebration. :lolol: Everyone's invited. By the way, it's BYOCAIC: Bring Your Own Cake And Ice Cream. :D

Pic of my G22 Gen 4:

2010-07-17062104.jpg

My second handgun ever.

Nice, bro.

I shot my buddies duty G22. It just didn't feel right in my hands, though.

• Like 1

I got it on Thursday.

I'm going to have cake and ice cream next Thursday as a celebration. :lolol: Everyone's invited. By the way, it's BYOCAIC: Bring Your Own Cake And Ice Cream. :D

:lolol:

Congrats on your first handgun. The Glock triggers aren't the best ever, which might be effecting your shot as well. But once you get used to it you'll be fine. If you can, try and shoot a 1911 or something with a really nice trigger and you will see what I mean.

I got it on Thursday.

:lolol:

Congrats on your first handgun. The Glock triggers aren't the best ever, which might be effecting your shot as well. But once you get used to it you'll be fine. If you can, try and shoot a 1911 or something with a really nice trigger and you will see what I mean.

Thanks, man.

As far as the 1911...........far down the road (because it's so expensive), I plan on picking up a Fusion Firearms custom 1911. Not that I'm even really a 1911 fan, but they're made in my former hometown in NY, and it's engraved on the frame. So I always thought it would be cool to have. :D (Plus, the ones he makes are just plain sexy)

• 2 weeks later...

I put the first 100 rounds through it today. Just as expected, it ran 100% flawlessly.

I just need a lot more trigger time on it. Like I said, this is my first handgun, and I'm already noticing that I'm flinching slightly as I'm pulling the trigger, in anticipation of the round going off. Right before I think it's going to pop, I tighten up and it throws my aim off. I've never had this problem with long guns, though. I can slightly bypass the flinch by only letting the trigger out enough to reset after the first shot on each mag, and then pulling it again, and repeating the process.

I need to work on that.

First off, you are resetting the trigger on it correctly for follow up shots. Practice dry firing it a lot. Make sure the weapon is clear! :devil:

If you can hit the range with a buddy, work on "ball and dummy" drills. With your back turned to your buddy, have him "prepare" the pistol for you whether he is loading the chamber with a live round or letting the slide go on an empty chamber, then inserting the mag. You won't know what is coming and your anticipation of the shot will be obvious if you flinch and it goes click instead of bang. If you can master firing dry without jerking the trigger or anticipating recoil, it will come to you. Sounds like it make be the first long trigger pull that is getting you. Practice, practice, practice! 2gunsfiring1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shooter, you figure out if you wanna pop a flashlight on that badboy? If so, what're you looking at, cause I'm looking for something too.

I only have experience with my buddy's Streamlight TLR-1, but it's a damn good light from what I can tell, and he swears by it too. Like I said in Chevyman's thread.....it's so easy to manipulate the light, and it just feels right. If I get a light, that's probably what I'd get. I'd like to try out some other lights too, though.

Nice shooter, Shooter. Congrats. The G23 is fun.

Thanks.........and yes, yes it is! :super:

Yeah, I thought of the streamlight TLR-1 too. I'm just not sure if I'd rather have a light or a laser, but both would great.

Guys, you can get a TLR-2 (laser/light combo) online for between 100 & 250 +shipping.

AH! That's what I was looking for. I dunno why I didn't just search for the TLR-2... must've been a retard moment. Thanks, Kev!

AH! That's what I was looking for. I dunno why I didn't just search for the TLR-2... must've been a retard moment. Thanks, Kev!

No prob, Vai. Lemme know what you think when you get one.

You got it! Looking for the best deal I can find on one.