SGM is making a trirail forearm that fits the Saiga without having to remove the FSB/GB and adding a retainer ring. Has anyone tried these, is the polymer of high quality? Is there any heatshielding? Would this be a good way to add a vertical foregrip and light mount?

I have an SGM on my .223. I think it is very well built and suites my needs nicely.

Also was very easy to install.

edit to add: No heat shield to my recollection but the polymer is heavy enough that it is not an issue.

post-15138-078203500 1279306632_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaveM
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an SGM on my .223. I think it is very well built and suites my needs nicely.

edit to add: No heat shield to my recollection but the polymer is heavy enough that it is not an issue.

Is it possible to retrofit a heatshield under the SMG forearm?

I really like what you have done to your saiga.

Edited by Regal

Is it possible to retrofit a heatshield under the SMG forearm?

I really like what you have done to your saiga.

I suppose you could retro fit a heat shield but I really don't think it is necessary. The polymer is quite resilient and I have never had an issue with heat. If you plan on long periods of rapid fire maybe,

but under normal use I have not experienced any problems.

I have 2. One on S-12 and other an S-308, both easy to install. They both have vertical foregrips and one has a light the other a bipod. Sorry the lighting isn't better in these pics :(

I think there is room for a tapes style of thermal insulation, but like said eariler you probably won't need it.

-EnzNow

post-18211-052036300 1280224795_thumb.jpg

post-18211-019442500 1280224806_thumb.jpg

Edited by EnzNow