AUTO PLUG TAC 47 T.A.R.G.E.T

Nice pics....

I hope to have some great footage after this weekend. I've got the video camera figured out and it shoots some nice video. I'm just trying to teach myself the video editing software. I recently purchased a copy of PowerDirector 8. It looks like it'll do some really cool stuff, I just have to figure out how to do it. :unsure:

Edited by Bridis
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone offers to sell a product without showing what the plug actually does except for a picture. Smells like a scam and the only guarantee you have is that it is probably a guaranteed piece of shit

Well you guys can count on me for a detailed report. I plan to test a wide range of ammo, especially the cheap shit. I'll also compair the factory plug, the gun fixer plug and TAC 47's new auto pulg.

Posted Images

Nice pics....

I hope to have some great footage after this weekend. I've got the video camera figured out and it shoots some nice video. I'm just trying to teach myself the video editing software. I recently purchased a copy of PowerDirector 8. It looks like it'll do some really cool stuff, I just have to figure out how to do it. :unsure:

Gonna be fun :killer:

I got it to work on my low-gassed gun by incrementally tightening the spring pre-load screw.

I went back to the range on my extended lunch break :zorro: fully prepared this time with the tool to remove the brake and a nice slotted screwdriver to tweak the auto gas plug, and the gunfixer plug.

I started of with the gunfixer plug to assure a control test. It spit the federal bulk pack out just as always.

I then removed the brake and shot 5 rounds of federal bulk pack to ensure the gun would cycle without it. They all spit out perfectly.

I then swapped the gunfixer cam to the auto gas plug and every round stove piped. I tried un-screwing the auto plug 1 rotation and there was no change.

I then tweaked the spring pre-load screw 1/4 turn at a time until it cycled. Then I put the brake on and had a fellow shooter film this: :super:

I transitioned between federal bulk and remington bulk slugger with great success, which is exactly what I wanted this plug to do. With the gun fixer it would cycle too fast with the slugger on setting 3, and stovepipe the federal bulk on setting 2.

Thanks Tac47! :super:

Hey Hobbyshooter did you turn the center cap counter clockwise or clockwise to tune it? (tighten it or loosen it?)

Thanks

Tightening the end cap increases pre-load on the spring therefore reducing the amount of gas it will pop-off therefore directing more if not all of the gas into the gas block against the puck. More power.

Loosening the cap reduces pre-load on the spring allowing it to pop-off more gas reducing the amount of gas going into the block against the puck. Less power. Good for an over-gassed gun or someone that consistently uses heavy loads.

Vent holes up,,,,,,the "slot" on the other end needs to be positioned over the barrel's ports inside the gas block. Screw it all the way in, then back it off until it is in the correct orientation.

Edited by PYRO

In post number 302, in the third photo, you can see the indent. On my copy, it is very small and barely holds it in place but it holds it good enough, can turn without pushing in the pin,,,,,,but like I said, works as intended.

Edited by PYRO

The question came up in a different thread about the likelyhood of the valve getting gunked/clogged so I took a pick of the valve and the gas puck after ~80 rounds of federal bulk (dirty stuff), a few rounds of remington bulk, 5 remington sluggers, about 5 rounds of estate buckshot, and 2 S&B low recoil slugs. (sorry about the cell phone quality pics)

post-9800-056931900 1284817073_thumb.jpg

Just like with every other plug, the majority of the crud collects against the puck. I imagine this has to do with windage & the direction of the gas flow due to the shape of the port in the auto plug.

post-9800-062958300 1284817081_thumb.jpg

I intend to shoot the gun with hundreds of rounds of federal bulk until it stops cycling, then clean only the puck & barrel ports to determine what fouls first. Previously the puck would foul before anything else after ~600 rounds (but would still cycle estate buckshot) although I would typically poke the barrel ports at the same time as cleaning the puck.

Edited by hobbyshooter

I dont think you could mechanically keep the vent from opening as it opens outward. It might be possible to crud up the plug enough to physically block the opening from seeing any gas but I cant imagine your puck would move with that much gunk in there ).

so do we have a verdict on this plug yet? i see that it does work but does it overgass? will it clog up? can you actually set it and forget it or do you still have to adjust the spring tension for diffrent types of ammo?

What he said...interested myself...

I ran mine Sunday. I did not run as many rounds as I planned because my buddies were there with full auto AR's and a Mac-10, so I put down the S12 for some giggle switch fun.

What I did do was load up 3 mags with a blend of #7 shot, 00Buck and Slugs and burned through all without a hiccup. I will do more though testing next weekend without the distraction.

• 7 months later...

Can I still get one of these plugs??

Yup. but it's now $45.95. its a damn good product IMHO.

Epic win! can some body pleeease gimmie a link? I tried going to their web site but it seems to have gown down. Tac hasn't gone out O business have they? :(

Also any one have any idea how many rounds these plugs are good for? is it some thing that needs to be replaced after X amount of rounds? Just wondering if I should buy more then one :)

Edited by TexasNomad

One should be sufficient unless it is defective or you screw it up :lolol: . It is a replacement plug for your factory and once adjusted it requires minimal maintenance (possible slight adjustments after a lot of rounds), A lot of people say use some loctite and it eliminates that issue as well. I would recommend watching the video on it provided at teh beginning of this thread about it to see how it works, and do a forum search about the auto plug and you will find a ton of useful info.

Epic win! can some body pleeease gimmie a link? I tried going to their web site but it seems to have gown down. Tac hasn't gone out O business have they? :(

Also any one have any idea how many rounds these plugs are good for? is it some thing that needs to be replaced after X amount of rounds? Just wondering if I should buy more then one :)

You won't need another one. I've had mine for thousands of rounds, and the screw won't back out if you loctite it down (a dab of blue loctite goes a looooong way). Only ever readjusted it twice, and that was to see if there were any changes in the plug's performance, and there were none. The plug really does pay for itself. I usually shoot cheap birdshot for 'drum-dumps' and throw in some buckshot loads and slugs to blow up water jugs/fruits/old laptops - having that convenience of "set and forget" is really, really nice. Tac47 advises against it, but I've thrown some 3" shells in there - did a few mag dumps. In fact, when I got the Autoplug, the very first shells I put through the Saiga were 3" 000's. I'd probably shoot more magnum loads if I weren't spending $ on other ammo, too, so I almost never shoot 3". Oh well :)

Now, YMMV, but this is something to consider. I set my Autoplug up around the Winchester Universal trash and Federal bulkpacks at Walmart. Those are 3 Dram loads to my knowledge. I tried to set mine up around the even shittier Winchester "Super Target" 2 3/4 Dram shells, but I had to set the screw so far into the plug It wasn't worth it. The stock plug on setting '2' will cycle the 2 3/4 Dram stuff no problem. I say hands down the lightest loads you should put through it are the Winchester and Federal bulkpacks from Walmart. Again, ymmv.

Bottom Line: You won't need to replace the Autoplug or its guts. The plug is as tough as the gun itself. :up:

• Like 2

You won't need another one. I've had mine for thousands of rounds, and the screw won't back out if you loctite it down (a dab of blue loctite goes a looooong way). Only ever readjusted it twice, and that was to see if there were any changes in the plug's performance, and there were none. The plug really does pay for itself. I usually shoot cheap birdshot for 'drum-dumps' and throw in some buckshot loads and slugs to blow up water jugs/fruits/old laptops - having that convenience of "set and forget" is really, really nice. Tac47 advises against it, but I've thrown some 3" shells in there - did a few mag dumps. In fact, when I got the Autoplug, the very first shells I put through the Saiga were 3" 000's. I'd probably shoot more magnum loads if I weren't spending $ on other ammo, too, so I almost never shoot 3". Oh well :)

Now, YMMV, but this is something to consider. I set my Autoplug up around the Winchester Universal trash and Federal bulkpacks at Walmart. Those are 3 Dram loads to my knowledge. I tried to set mine up around the even shittier Winchester "Super Target" 2 3/4 Dram shells, but I had to set the screw so far into the plug It wasn't worth it. The stock plug on setting '2' will cycle the 2 3/4 Dram stuff no problem. I say hands down the lightest loads you should put through it are the Winchester and Federal bulkpacks from Walmart. Again, ymmv.

Bottom Line: You won't need to replace the Autoplug or its guts. The plug is as tough as the gun itself. :up:

Awesome thanks for the reply Bullensmash I can't wait to get it.

How long did it take for y'alls orders to get filled?

Edited by TexasNomad
  • Like 1