I've always been partial to high power "retina blaster" tactical flashlights that come in a small package. This is a new one on the market from a reputable manufacturer. I'll probably watch it for a while to see if there are any issues before I jump in but I think I'll eventually have to have it. It looks promising.

Edited by DogMan
Remove Non-Buisness member link

Maelstrom ha!!

Nice name, I also have a weakness for these things. A really good value and light can be found at Wal Mart.

<Non-Buisness Member Link Removed>

Only 75 lumens but at 25$ its a great value, battery life is crazy long.

The Maelstrom at 150$ really isn't that bad either when you consider what some of their competitors sell theirs for.

Edited by Nailbomb
Non-Buisness Member Link Removed

I've always been partial to high power "retina blaster" tactical flashlights that come in a small package. This is a new one on the market from a reputable manufacturer. I'll probably watch it for a while to see if there are any issues before I jump in but I think I'll eventually have to have it. It looks promising.

Dogman,

I love the retina burners as well, but normally use something around 120 lumens for everyday use. The big ones tend to burn batteries VERY fast and you may get less than 1 hour of run time out of them with something that big. If it is not going to be a primary light or if you have access to other backup light sources, then I say go for it. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Nailbomb

Dogman,

I love the retina burners as well, but normally use something around 120 lumens for everyday use. The big ones tend to burn batteries VERY fast and you may get less than 1 hour of run time out of them with something that big. If it is not going to be a primary light or if you have access to other backup light sources, then I say go for it. Just some food for thought.

I hear you, which is why I like the fact that this light has multiple settings that one can use according to how much light you really need. You are right, going from 200 lumens to 350 just about triples the battery usage. That's definitely something to consider.

Edited by Nailbomb

Can we skip the links and maybe post some pics for people instead?

Yeah, I guess I could post the one small photo that is on the website but that isn't going to tell people much about it, whereas the web page has the photo alongside the complete product information. I was under the impression that it was OK to post links to products that did not compete with business members products. If not, I'll just let it go. It's not worth the fuss.

You all should look into the Fenix TK45 Tactical LED Flashlight. It puts out a whopping 760 lumen and is powered by only 8 AA batteries so it's not too big to be reasonably transportable.

:P

Here are some pics with some specs:

post-4853-034322600 1279665135_thumb.jpg

post-4853-029541100 1279665152_thumb.jpg

post-4853-008483200 1279665171_thumb.jpg

post-4853-050083400 1279665191_thumb.jpg

post-4853-023885700 1279665212_thumb.jpg

-- Unique shape of the mini-gun

-- Perfect combination of three Cree XP-G R5 LEDs

-- Outstanding heat dispersion

-- Sidewinder dual switch system

-- Max Runtime: 232 Hours

-- Powered: 8xAA Ni-MH, Alkaline Batteries

-- Flash Modes: Strobe, SOS, Warning Flash

-- Light Modes:

Turbo 760 Lumens - 2hrs

High 312 Lumens - 6.5hrs

Mid 95 Lumens - 22hrs

Low 8 Lumens - 232hrs

-- Beam Length: 200 Meters

-- Waterproof: Yes

Hey, at least if one of the LEDs goes bad, you're still in the hunt with the remaining two.

:angel:

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guess I could post the one small photo that is on the website but that isn't going to tell people much about it, whereas the web page has the photo alongside the complete product information. I was under the impression that it was OK to post links to products that did not compete with business members products. If not, I'll just let it go. It's not worth the fuss.

That was the policy untill someone took advantage of that too...

Currently links no Non-buisness membeers are not allowed, with the one exception being ammo.

You all should look into the Fenix TK45 Tactical LED Flashlight. It puts out a whopping 760 lumen and is powered by only 8 AA batteries so it's not too big to be reasonably transportable.

-- Light Modes:

Turbo 760 Lumens - 2hrs

High 312 Lumens - 6.5hrs

Mid 95 Lumens - 22hrs

Low 8 Lumens - 232hrs

Hey, at least if one of the LEDs goes bad, you're still in the hunt with the remaining two.

It looks like a great handheld light but not so much for mounting on weapons. I like it.

-- Light Modes:

Turbo 760 Lumens - 2hrs

High 312 Lumens - 6.5hrs

Mid 95 Lumens - 22hrs

Low 8 Lumens - 232hrs

It looks like a great handheld light but not so much for mounting on weapons. I like it.

Agreed, but I'm not really worried about mounting on weapons anyway, I just have this addiction to high-power LED flashlights.

But can it fry an egg with it?

I have this 300 lumen light coming to me from ebay.

I don't think hours and hours of life is needed on the shotgun. The way I see it is you need a real bright blinding light you flip on and off as you come across something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170508090490&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That was the policy untill someone took advantage of that too...

Currently links no Non-buisness membeers are not allowed, with the one exception being ammo.

So just to be clear, I cant even post a link to say?? A good sale on Q-Tips then??

So just to be clear, I cant even post a link to say?? A good sale on Q-Tips then??

Accualy that sort of behavior is one of the main reasons the rule changed to what it is.

So no, post links to those hot Q-tip sales elsewhere...

This is a ----> GUN

• 11 months later...

While I realize its a --->GUN

I wasn't aware of any prior behavior.

Your not aware of the great Chex Mix incident? I know you were around back then...

Aw hell I'll just break it down. One of our former members thought it would be a good idea to start posting up cupons and things for food products.

There are other forums dedicated to "extreem cuponing", and this being a gun forum is not the place. The issue got pushed and the rules got changed.

While I realize its a --->GUN<--- FORUM I was just looking for clarification.

Your not aware of the great Chex Mix incident? I know you were around back then...

Aw hell I'll just break it down. One of our former members thought it would be a good idea to start posting up cupons and things for food products.

There are other forums dedicated to "extreem cuponing", and this being a gun forum is not the place. The issue got pushed and the rules got changed.

I have a suggestion. Why don't we tweak the rule a bit to allow things that are obviously gun related and promote our purpose here, but not in competition with vendor's products. "Chex Mix" and "Q-tips" are a no-brainer, but can't we be reasonable?

Edited by DogMan

LOL Holy blast from the past Batman! :lolol:

While I realize its a --->GUN<--- FORUM I was just looking for clarification.

Perfectly understandable. :super:

I have a suggestion. Why don't we tweak the rule a bit to allow things that are obviously gun related and promote our purpose here, but not in competition with vendor's products. "Chex Mix" and "Q-tips" are a no-brainer, but can't we be reasonable?

I'm the wrong guy to go to about making rule changes ;)

LOL Holy blast from the past Batman! :lolol:

LOL, yeah who bumped this thing? Theres been a few threads that have poped back up and wanted to make replies to posts I didn't see befor.

I'm not trying to ignore anyone here, sorry for the late response...

the "Orange box" home improvement store has a great light. Its made by Mag-light, takes 3 AAA, 6 inches long, 1-1/2 in dia, LED, 105 lumens, 150 foot range and is under 30 bucks. I have several, great for beside the bed, walking the dog, tool box, etc. Its no 150k lumen flame throwing beast that kills on contact, but its a very tough light that has suited me well. Used it 2 nights ago when a stray tried to attack my dog on a walk and i had to get involved. For price and size I couldnt ask for more.

• 2 weeks later...

check out cree flashlights on ebay I just picked up a 1000 luminnen and a 1600 they are the best I have ever played with. the 3.5 volt rechargeable bateries last so long you forget when you charged them last.

• 5 months later...

I ran across a 285 lumen LED on Amazon and at $30 it looks like it's a good deal so far. Mounts well and has been consistent so far. Downside, it uses rechargeable batteries so spares will be required.

But there is always the Wicked Lasers alternative at 1 watt of blue-white illumination visible for seven kilometers (4+ miles).

Why just illuminate when you can target mark, illuminate and incinerate!

WANT!

Apparently someone else had this idea too and it states :

Note

This laser is too powerful to be used as a gun sight. Never point it at another person, animal, or vehicle.