Looking at the possibility of picking up a G34, ya know, for all that competition shooting and stuff. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what do you guys think of them? Post some pics of yours if you have them!

I shoot a G34 in IDPA, USPSA and 3 gun matches. It is the best pistol I have. It has NEVER had a malfunction other than a couple of squib loads I loaded without powder. I also have 1911's, XD, XDM and a G35. I am a Glock lover. I work in a gun store and have access to a lot of guns. Have not found anything I like as well as the G34.

It has had some work on it. It was sent to Robar for a finish, not a grip reduction, and has additional cuts in the front of the slide. It also has an aluminum mag well. I don't have pics but I will try to get one as soon as I get a chance.

While I don't have one (have the older 17L and 24) everyone I know that does likes them fine.

Just a thought but you may want think about 35 in 40 S&W and a conversion barrel for 9X19 (did this with my 24). In a way you kind of get 2 guns for the price of one with just a barrel and mags changed.

Some days the plates on the Texas star need more bump to fall.

While I don't have one (have the older 17L and 24) everyone I know that does likes them fine.

Just a thought but you may want think about 35 in 40 S&W and a conversion barrel for 9X19 (did this with my 24). In a way you kind of get 2 guns for the price of one with just a barrel and mags changed.

That's a good way to look at it, but my friend keeps raising the question "What if you forget that you have your 9mm barrel in and attempt to load and shoot 40 S&W, or vice-versa."

I think I'd remember, haha.

That's a good way to look at it, but my friend keeps raising the question "What if you forget that you have your 9mm barrel in and attempt to load and shoot 40 S&W, or vice-versa."

The 9mm conversion barrel I'm getting it chromed, and should be easy to spot and act as a reminder. I also plan on hitting the 9mm mags with a ring around the body of some bright colored spray paint (or at least the base plates) to keep it as simple as possible for me not to mess things up. :D

The 9mm conversion barrel I'm getting it chromed, and should be easy to spot and act as a reminder. I also plan on hitting the 9mm mags with a ring around the body of some bright colored spray paint (or at least the base plates) to keep it as simple as possible for me not to mess things up. :D

Yeah, I thought of something like that too.

I initially had a G35 and got a 9mm conversion barrel for it to shoot IDPA. It worked very well. I don't think you need to worry about putting the wrong cal mag in because if you put 40 mag and 9mm barrel, it will not chamber, just jam. If you put 9mm mag and 40 barrel the 9mm round will fall right thru the 40 barrel and should not fire. Obviously tho, it is something to be avoided. I liked shooting the G35 in 9mm so much that I bought my G34. Why have one gun when you can have two?? I wanted to build a USPSA open gun and decided to use my G35. I got a threaded 40 cal barrel and put a comp on it so I could make MAJOR power factor in USPSA. Now I shoot the G34 in IDPA and the G35 in USPSA.

post-22503-040469800 1279766014_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I initially had a G35 and got a 9mm conversion barrel for it to shoot IDPA. It worked very well. I don't think you need to worry about putting the wrong cal mag in because if you put 40 mag and 9mm barrel, it will not chamber, just jam. If you put 9mm mag and 40 barrel the 9mm round will fall right thru the 40 barrel and should not fire. Obviously tho, it is something to be avoided. I liked shooting the G35 in 9mm so much that I bought my G34. Why have one gun when you can have two?? I wanted to build a USPSA open gun and decided to use my G35. I got a threaded 40 cal barrel and put a comp on it so I could make MAJOR power factor in USPSA. Now I shoot the G34 in IDPA and the G35 in USPSA.

Wow, those look hot!

Nice stipple job on the 34. Looks awesome.

• 1 year later...