Well, There seems to be a lot of requests for another like before...

See here...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43759&pid=531984&st=30entry531984

So I will be game... Lets see who wants to go... and what dates are available to everyone!

Unless something CRAZY happens and I cant host it... I am all about another one!

I am pretty much free ANY WEEKEND... I just hope its not 95 degrees and 99% humidity... That SUCKED! Maybe a September weekend when things are getting cooler?

Although the weather may be more of a chance of sun in August...

Lets try to shoot for one of the last two weekends in August or a weekend in September...

So post your availability, and if we can get a date that works for everyone well, we will try to set up another shoot at the farm on Turnpike road.

So lets see who wants to come, and when they are able to make the trip!

:smoke:

Sounds great to me! I'm open any of those late August/early September weekends. Picked up a PSL this year that needs some more range time. I'll let Saigaless Dave (who remains so!) know we are planning a shoot since he lives just up the road. I'll also tell a coworker who bought a S-12 one week after trying mine.

Im a little closer-by now, I might show up, depending on when you guys have it....maybe I can coincide it with a trip home or something....dont mind my timing, ill fit to you guys, if I go...

Indy, thanks for offering to be the host again this year and asking for dates that work. Any of the weekends in August or September would work for me, minus the first one in each month and if you pick August 28th, I would have to leave by 14:00 hrs. The family has me committed already for those dates and times. This could become a futile exercise in scheduling. I say pick a date and those that can come, will.

Be sure to bring back the BACON BOMB and RIBS though. You guys ROCK! :)

I hate to have to say this... But I think I have to put the Kaibosh on this plan... I have recently got involved in some other projects that are going to have my weekends full for the next few months... and with that schedule, I dont think there is any way I will be able to host another... :cryss:

Sorry folks... Perhaps someone else can step up and give it a shot... but for this end of summer, I dont think I will be able to make it happen... :( I am rather dissapointed, because we had a real blast last year... But ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :up:

:smoke:

Good news! The Greenfield Club is available either Saturday August 28th or Saturday September 4th. The clubhouse (with kitchen, pavilion, picnic tables, restrooms) and ranges (200yd rifle, 50 yd pistol/shotgun, and trap field) will be open for our use. I didn't request closing the ranges to others figuring we can share and really until hunter sight-in time (later Sept into Oct) its never very busy.

We are limited to no more than 20 people but I don't think we will have an issue with that. We will have to bring our own food and BBQ grill(s) although there is a stove/range in the kitchen if we prepare food in advance and just need to warm up on site. Also we have a couple refrigerators in the kitchen. Other than that, we will have to bring our own clays to use at the trap field.

If anyone wants to camp overnight Saturday on Club grounds, that is OK too.

Edit: Sept 4th is Labor Day weekend. I assume folks will have other plans. So I'm aiming for August 28th. Already have two co-workers and Saiga-less Dave planning to attend.

Edit Edit: I'm making ribs!

Edited by Citizen Bob

So you've been to the Greenfield Club before Stormi? Not far from Central Square. I figured that I'd keep the kitchen and restrooms open overnight for anyone staying Saturday night. You can bring anything you want as far as firearms EXCEPT .50 BMG (Club rule - not mine).

Yes Nailbomb - the 28th is locked in! Well, at least if we are going to shoot at Greenfield.

The previous weekend there is a pistol course at the club and the weekend of Sept 4th is Labor Day weekend. After that there are hunter safety classes and the ranges get busy with hunter's sighting in.

So I'm thinking of target options. My first idea is "The Field of Zombies". This will be like a dozen Zombie heads on the 50 yard range for buckshot shooting. I think I'll get a couple cardboard deer silhouettes and put Saiga antelope heads on them on the rifle range. Also plan to hang paint cans with Zombie heads at 100 yards. There's a propane tank hanging at 200 yards. Plus we can once again test our wingshooting skills at the trap range!

We can shoot anything but glass as long as we clean up whatever we bring in.

BVamp:

The site address is 5683 Stage Road (right Stormi?), Trenton, NY 13304.

There are no fees, however I was considering passing the hat for a small voluntary donation to the Club to keep relations positve in case we want to come back next year.

Ranges are open during daylight hours. There is no town noise law, but in the interest of being good neighbors, I'd prefer no early AM (before 0900) shooting.

So what I'm thinking, is gathering late Saturday morning 10-noon, you are on your own for lunch, an afternoon of shooting, followed by pot-luck BBQ, more shooting 'til dusk.

If anyone wants to camp Saturady night, let me know.

Hopefully we can get Indy to show up for a few hours since he's not hosting the shoot?