You what song PISSED me off the most.????

That song with the fuckin bumble bee special ed kid....

and the one with that haggard bitch kept sayin' zombie over and over.....

Blind Melon: No Rain? That bee girl is my good friends cousin...she is also in that retarded Fran Drescher movie, Beautician and the Beast.. Just a bit of completely useless info for you there...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last decent album Metallica released was the Black Album... and even that one was much simpler, (worse), than their previous work.   I heard this song for the first time in a long time the other

Fucking Hostile...Pantera. It Crushed all that whiney, depressing, boring-ass grunge shit and brought metal back to it's heavy roots. Pretty much anything off of Vulgar Display of Power. A true land m

I find it hard to believe that Rage isn't on this list yet...

Well I doubt I could pick just one that is my favorite so I will post a couple really good ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3L0bqUnao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKiZ5Vso9A

Also:

It was a toss up for me between Sober and 46 & 2 with TOOL. I LOVE all their songs though.027.gif027.gif

One of the reasons I like TOOL and Primus so much is the fact that for how popular some of their music is, they are both very anti-pop.

One more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfxD60rV9k

:super:

I still listen to this song sometimes, and it's just as true for me as the day I first heard it: "wish there were something real, wish there were something true.. wish there were something real in this world full of you" ("you" being the general population)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Pretty much anything from Pantera, Primus or Alice In Chains (the 90's A.I.C., the new A.I.C. sucks IMO), my top three all time favorite bands. :super:

The 90's were a kick-ass decade for music.

Damn . . . I really can't pick just ONE.

Fucking Hostile...Pantera. It Crushed all that whiney, depressing, boring-ass grunge shit and brought metal back to it's heavy roots. Pretty much anything off of Vulgar Display of Power. A true land mark album.

. . . And a +1 for that!!!

+1 post apocalyptic, that is one of the best songs ever written!

Live concerts in the 90's were a strange thing. Here's some shows I went to, just to name a few:

Megadeth with special guests (Stone Temple Pilots).

Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies, and (Candlebox).

Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and (Alice in Chains).

Ministry, Sepaltura, and (Helmet).

Ozzy, Sepultura, (Danzig), and (Clutch).

Do you notice the theme? The popular wuss-rock of the day infiltrated the metal scene and diluted it. It took Divine Intervention-Slayer, and Vulgar Display of Power to re-energise the scene. It seemed like every cool show had one or two bands that didn't belong. There were some notable non-metal bands from the 90's that kick ass: Bloodhound Gang is by far my favorite non-metal band. Primus did some good stuff too. Alice in Chains turned out to be pretty good.

Edited by ktcm7271

Live concerts in the 90's were a strange thing. Here's some shows I went to, just to name a few:

Do you notice the theme? The popular wuss-rock of the day infiltrated the metal scene and diluted it. It took Divine Intervention-Slayer, and Vulgar Display of Power to re-energise the scene. It seemed like every cool show had one or two bands that didn't belong. There were some notable non-metal bands from the 90's that kick ass: Bloodhound Gang is by far my favorite non-metal band. Primus did some good stuff too. Alice in Chains turned out to be pretty good.

All good shit. The "bands that didn't belong" in your concert list are still good bands. There's no pop/rap groups there.

Bloodhound Gang is great mostly because of how funny the lyrics are. I like em too. If you haven't already, you really need to listen to some Tool. They are damn talented and probably my favorite band overall. I've seen em 7 times in concert. :super:

All good shit. The "bands that didn't belong" in your concert list are still good bands. There's no pop/rap groups there.

Bloodhound Gang is great mostly because of how funny the lyrics are. I like em too. If you haven't already, you really need to listen to some Tool. They are damn talented and probably my favorite band overall. I've seen em 7 times in concert. :super:

I've been a bass player since 1985, so I'm aware of tool, but I don't like them. They lock onto a riff and ride that sucker for ever! And the singer reminds me of Yosemite Sam on downers. I respect the talent, but I need more than 2 changes in a 8 minute song. That's why I'm a die hard Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fan, lots of music goin' on there.

I've been a bass player since 1985, so I'm aware of tool, but I don't like them. They lock onto a riff and ride that sucker for ever! And the singer reminds me of Yosemite Sam on downers. I respect the talent, but I need more than 2 changes in a 8 minute song...

lol :lol: Gotcha. I guess, since I don't play bass, (and would play guitar or drums before that), that I'm more focused on the guitar and drums, when I listen to Tool. ;)

As for the singer, I think Maynard has an impressively powerful voice.

This is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RelR85j09XY&feature=related

His vocal cords bled after recording that, and they never play it when touring.

To each his own though. At least you know what you're talking about. :up:

I've been a bass player since 1985, so I'm aware of tool, but I don't like them. They lock onto a riff and ride that sucker for ever! And the singer reminds me of Yosemite Sam on downers. I respect the talent, but I need more than 2 changes in a 8 minute song...

lol :lol: Gotcha. I guess, since I don't play bass, (and would play guitar or drums before that), that I'm more focused on the guitar and drums, when I listen to Tool. ;)

This is a good example:

Its not about how many changes or how complicated music is, its how it makes you feel. I play bass, guitar and drums, and when I'm playing music, I like to play more complicated riffs and songs (Jaco, Wooten, Claypool), but when I'm listening to music, I like songs that make me feel a certain way or remind me of someone or somewhere. Technical music is awesome, but there is a time and a place for everything. If technical was all I cared about, this is all I'd listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEywYigygnk

I've been a bass player since 1985, so I'm aware of tool, but I don't like them. They lock onto a riff and ride that sucker for ever! And the singer reminds me of Yosemite Sam on downers. I respect the talent, but I need more than 2 changes in a 8 minute song. That's why I'm a die hard Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fan, lots of music goin' on there.

Blasphemy! Tool used to be one of my favorite bands. You may be thinking of some of their older stuff, like from Opiate, but even on Undertow they started to get more complex song structures. On Lateralus there is some pretty amazing stuff, it is just not the typical flashy "I'm going to solo for 10 minutes" type of display of talent, it is more of a subtly worked in thing where you have to sort of know what to listen for. Which is part of what makes them great, that you can listen to it casually and it sounds great but if you want to look deeper there is more to be discovered. The same goes for some of the lyrics Maynard writes.

If you want some really insane time changes and flashy displays of talent may i suggest Dillinger escape Plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnv2r9AZucA

This just barley makes it in the 90's music category.

• Like 1

This is a good example:

Its not about how many changes or how complicated music is, its how it makes you feel. I play bass, guitar and drums, and when I'm playing music, I like to play more complicated riffs and songs (Jaco, Wooten, Claypool), but when I'm listening to music, I like songs that make me feel a certain way or remind me of someone or somewhere. Technical music is awesome, but there is a time and a place for everything. If technical was all I cared about, this is all I'd listen to:

Good point. It's not just about how technically difficult a song is to play/sing, it's how artistically it's put together. That Brain Drill song sounds like annoying shit to me, no matter how impressive it may be technically.

Blasphemy! Tool used to be one of my favorite bands. You may be thinking of some of their older stuff, like from Opiate, but even on Undertow they started to get more complex song structures. On Lateralus there is some pretty amazing stuff, it is just not the typical flashy "I'm going to solo for 10 minutes" type of display of talent, it is more of a subtly worked in thing where you have to sort of know what to listen for. Which is part of what makes them great, that you can listen to it casually and it sounds great but if you want to look deeper there is more to be discovered. The same goes for some of the lyrics Maynard writes...

Semi-blasphemy!! I agree with all that, except that there's something wrong with the Opiate album. This is a great song, (as you said, because of how it's arranged and the lyrics):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_WKwbueG8

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Blasphemy! Tool used to be one of my favorite bands. You may be thinking of some of their older stuff, like from Opiate, but even on Undertow they started to get more complex song structures. On Lateralus there is some pretty amazing stuff, it is just not the typical flashy "I'm going to solo for 10 minutes" type of display of talent, it is more of a subtly worked in thing where you have to sort of know what to listen for. Which is part of what makes them great, that you can listen to it casually and it sounds great but if you want to look deeper there is more to be discovered. The same goes for some of the lyrics Maynard writes...

Semi-blasphemy!! I agree with all that, except that there's something wrong with the Opiate album. This is a great song, (as you said, because of how it's arranged and the lyrics):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_WKwbueG8

I was not saying that the Opiate album was bad, I think it is a great album, I was just saying that it is not as technical as their later stuff.

This is a good example:

While I like this type of music, I always find the music video kind of funny. About 80% of the time they are out in the middle of the woods/desert just playing their songs like that is where they practice all the time or something.

Like this:

And this video makes me laugh SO fucking hard every time I watch it. Immortal is a great band but they are so fucking ridiculous in their videos and in their promo photos.

Do yourself a favor and watch this video if you want to laugh your ass off.

Wow, I'm gettin' destroyed here. Bands like Iced Earth, Mercyful fate, King Diamond, Megadeth, Overkill, old Queensryche, Savatage, Helloween-with Mike Kiske, etc. reach me on a musical and emotional level. I hate Dragon Force, Yngwie, Avenged 7 fold, etc. because they are needlessly complicated. Fear Factory is a great example of minimalist and still moving a song forward. Rush is far and away the greatest band when it comes to talent and song structure. I heard a newer Tool tune on the way to work last week, and it was long with 3 notable changes, so not much has changed with those guys. I've been catching hell for years about being a bass player and I don't like Tool-I also only like one Primus album for the same reason. Rhinoplasty is the only Primus album I like, and for all the bass haters, give Victor Wooten a listen to. Best bass player on the planet, bar none! I have drinking game with my band buds where we drink to musical cliches:

When Rob Zombie says "yeah" drink.

When Zach Wilde does a pinch harmonic, drink.

when Dio says "we rock" drink.

when Kirk Hammet uses a wha pedal, drink.

when the singer from Disturbed makes a sound with his mouth that's not a word, drink.

when God Smack says "away" drink.

when DMX uses an urban slang word or phrase, drink.

when King Diamond mentions Satan or grand ma, drink.

when Hate Breed says "discipline, determination, steadfast, obstruct" drink.

If you were to only drink when Tool plays a different riff, you would die from dehydration!

I should start a new thread about musical cliches. Could be fun. Clearly, I'm a metal head, but I also read, write, and appreciate music, and the 90's were a decade of marketing depression to the lowest common denominator. I was a witness to the death of local live bands in favor of half assed techno dj's and crappy one man acoustic acts at 110 decibles. No one wants to hear "Dust in the wind" at Slayer volume in a small venue for fuck's sake! The 90's can suck it!

Wow, I'm gettin' destroyed here. Bands like Iced Earth, Mercyful fate, King Diamond, Megadeth, Overkill, old Queensryche, Savatage, Helloween-with Mike Kiske, etc. reach me on a musical and emotional level. I hate Dragon Force, Yngwie, Avenged 7 fold, etc. because they are needlessly complicated. Fear Factory is a great example of minimalist and still moving a song forward. Rush is far and away the greatest band when it comes to talent and song structure. I heard a newer Tool tune on the way to work last week, and it was long with 3 notable changes, so not much has changed with those guys. I've been catching hell for years about being a bass player and I don't like Tool-I also only like one Primus album for the same reason. Rhinoplasty is the only Primus album I like, and for all the bass haters, give Victor Wooten a listen to. Best bass player on the planet, bar none! I have drinking game with my band buds where we drink to musical cliches:

when the singer from Disturbed makes a sound with his mouth that's not a word, drink.

If you were to only drink when Tool plays a different riff, you would die from dehydration!

I should start a new thread about musical cliches. Could be fun. Clearly, I'm a metal head, but I also read, write, and appreciate music, and the 90's were a decade of marketing depression to the lowest common denominator. I was a witness to the death of local live bands in favor of half assed techno dj's and crappy one man acoustic acts at 110 decibles. No one wants to hear "Dust in the wind" at Slayer volume in a small venue for fuck's sake! The 90's can suck it!

Victor Wooten is AMAZING. I used to have the album A Show of Hands, it was great. I cannot really listen to King Diamond, his vocals are WAY to high pitched for me. Old fear Factory was pretty good, Dino had his hands in damn near every metal band from that era.

I too am a metal head but different types of metal, I am more into the growling/screaming metal than the high pitched castrati vocals, although I can still appreciate some of it for its music.

• Like 1

Few musical moments stick with me quite like the one that started me on my love of grindcore.

One day a car rolled into the driveway, and a shaved bald guy with his ears loaded with piercings and a set of doc martins tattooed on the side of his head gets out. I remember looking to my mother and asking "who's the skinhead?". He was working in the factory my father was at and was a amateure musician, so him and my father would bullshit about music and share lycs. Well he offered up a tape for my dad to give a listen to. My father had it in for about 10 mins, and stoped it.I asked why he did that. My father looked at me and asked "what? you liked that?"

Of course I did.

The tape was Napalm Death "Fear, Emptiness, Despair", the year was 1994, and I was in 4th grade.

I wound up spending a lot of time with that guy later as he wound up working at a head shop my friend Joe(the guy I built the 10th mountain saiga .308 for with stormi) older sister owned. He was doing tattooes and piercing out of it. Don't know what ever happened to him after the shop closed though.

Victor Wooten is AMAZING. I used to have the album A Show of Hands, it was great. I cannot really listen to King Diamond, his vocals are WAY to high pitched for me. Old fear Factory was pretty good, Dino had his hands in damn near every metal band from that era.

I too am a metal head but different types of metal, I am more into the growling/screaming metal than the high pitched castrati vocals, although I can still appreciate some of it for its music.

I fucking LOVE Wooten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPW7vQkL63A

I fucking LOVE Wooten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPW7vQkL63A

Yup, single greatest bassist I have ever heard, I always wonder at how many bassists have never heard of him. As good as Claypool is he has got nothing on Wooten.

{Yup, single greatest bassist I have ever heard, I always wonder at how many bassists have never heard of him. As good as Claypool is he has got nothing on Wooten.}

I know of wooten and have listened to him a bit. I liked Jaco Pastorius more.

Jaco_Pastorius.jpg