So I received 10 lbs of Tannerite today, (10 x 1 lb targets). I got some plans for this shit. :devil:

Don't worry, it's nothing too nefarious. I have a fire-proof, reinforced file cabinet that'll serve as the "pipe", with the Tannerite inside the drawers; acting as the "bomb" out at my "range". We'll see if Tannerite has the power to rip this thing apart.. it's no small task.

Other interesting targets also await glorious explosive destruction. Don't worry kids, I'll have some great video of this to post after the dust settles. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Can't wait to see this. I have seen it around, but have always just used water jugs or watermelons for reactive targets. I always wanted to see an unbiased review of it. Not someone that was selling it's opinion.

dude, you better get the hell back and behind something....yer nuts....trying to get yourself killed or something? LOL

I plan to use the PK-A scope I just bought from ~100 yards. I'll shoot from across my truck's hood. I think I'll be safe enough.

I'm not yet convinced the Tannerite will significantly fragment the file cabinet. We'll see.

It will rip it to shreds. I've played with this stuff. It's POWERFUL. You need to be over 100yds from your target and behind something substantial. There WILL be large heavy pieces of shrapnel moving at a VERY high velocity.

If you value your truck, I'd use something else as a safety barrier.

• Like 1

It will rip it to shreds. I've played with this stuff. It's POWERFUL. You need to be over 100yds from your target and behind something substantial. There WILL be large heavy pieces of shrapnel moving at a VERY high velocity.

If you value your truck, I'd use something else as a safety barrier.

Thanks for the input. In that case I'll shoot from ~150 yrds from behind a nice big boulder, (plenty of those out here).

From Wikipedia

"On January 14, 2008, a man in Red Wing, Minnesota was accused of detonating 100 lb (45 kg). of Tannerite inside the bed of a dump truck by shooting it with a .50 caliber rifle from 300 yards (270 m) away. The ensuing blast could be felt at Prairie Island Nuclear Power Plant, and officials from the FBI, BATF, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, US Postal Service, and the US Coast Guard became involved, along with local law enforcement agencies.[4]

The man, Brian Wesley Childs, was arrested for gross disregard for human life and destruction of property with an explosive or incendiary.[5][6] Childs has since pleaded guilty to detonating an explosive device and unlawful possession of components for explosives, for which he was fined $2,583 and sentenced to three years' probation; the charge of disregard for human life was dismissed.[7]"

Well, ten pounds should mean a fine of $258 and four months probation. But then again they could charge you with disturbing the peace and who knows what fine a judge would set for that charge. I'd check and see if there are any seismographic recording stations anywhere around the proposed site.

Avtomat and denden, thanks for the heads-up. It fucking figures. Our draconian Fed Gubmint can't let the peons have too much fun, even if no one's in any danger whatsoever of being hurt. :evil:

I'll be careful. I'm still deciding on the proper place for this.. friend of a friend has some hunting land way the fuck out there which may work.

Avtomat and denden, thanks for the heads-up. It fucking figures. Our draconian Fed Gubmint can't let the peons have too much fun, even if no one's in any danger whatsoever of being hurt. :evil:

I'll be careful. I'm still deciding on the proper place for this.. friend of a friend has some hunting land way the fuck out there which may work.

PA,

Not trying to dissuade you, I went to Wikipedia to better understand Tannerite. I am really curious to see what happens. As part ove my business I sell the type of file cabinet that your are describing. I am still a little mad at one I moved two years ago at a bank and tore a tendon in my knee. I want revenge.

I was wondering how long it would be till that brainchild in Minn came up again.

IIRC the pictures leveled the tri axle... think about that for a min and you'll understand why the nuke plant miles down the road sounded an alarm like they screwed up.