Since a few dealers are getting these in now, just wondering if anyone has a M series 7.62 yet? How do you like it?

I like the fact it was imported already 'converted" (actually made in the right configuration to start with)...

gallery_22253_427_7609.jpg

Since a few dealers are getting these in now, just wondering if anyone has a M series 7.62 yet? How do you like it?

I like the fact it was imported already 'converted" (actually made in the right configuration to start with)...

The kicker is the receiver has a slant cut on the rear lower which makes putting on a regular stock near impossible and if you want to use higher capacity magazines legally in the USA that is you still need to extract enough foreign parts.

Which dealers? Link?

The kicker is the receiver has a slant cut on the rear lower which makes putting on a regular stock near impossible and if you want to use higher capacity magazines legally in the USA that is you still need to extract enough foreign parts.

Who ever got locked up for not having enough foreign parts? If you want to use higher cap magazines, you just use surefire ones and nobody will give you crap about it.

Edited by Ermac

M-Series / Ver-21 Saiga 308's are awesome rifles. The stock is very comfortable and the shape of the comb is great for a nice solid cheek weld, I really like the angle of it. And with the higher stock comb it also makes using a scope like a POSP/PSO Russian scope on a side mount comfortable.

As stated before, they aren't great for 922r compliance builds (though it is certainly possible to 922 one) however that would defeat the point of the rifle. It's a great, simple, wood stocked model. If you want a 922r build you are better off getting a regular model 308 and converting as you like.

If you get one though, you have to promise you will not ruin that gorgeous rifle with mall ninja crap. Put your Kali mag lock on, a nice side mount Russian optic, and call it done. If I see a fucking UTG rail on that thing........

:lolol:

All in good fun man.

Which dealers? Link?

CSS and Mach 1 Arsenal both have these in now....

Who ever got locked up for not having enough foreign parts? If you want to use higher cap magazines, you just use surefire ones and nobody will give you crap about it.

Arent these just like the old VEPR recievers? Someone made stocks to fit those...it might not be easy, but a good project fo someone to take on...

and for 922r, you could replace to a US made wood set, and a US made gas rod...

M-Series / Ver-21 Saiga 308's are awesome rifles. The stock is very comfortable and the shape of the comb is great for a nice solid cheek weld, I really like the angle of it. And with the higher stock comb it also makes using a scope like a POSP/PSO Russian scope on a side mount comfortable.

As stated before, they aren't great for 922r compliance builds (though it is certainly possible to 922 one) however that would defeat the point of the rifle. It's a great, simple, wood stocked model. If you want a 922r build you are better off getting a regular model 308 and converting as you like.

If you get one though, you have to promise you will not ruin that gorgeous rifle with mall ninja crap. Put your Kali mag lock on, a nice side mount Russian optic, and call it done. If I see a fucking UTG rail on that thing........

:lolol:

yeah, I agree the wood would stay on one of these...i dont have the cash to buy one,

but wouldnt one look sweet with the russian wood, a russian folder, and a russian side mount with a POSP on it?...

All in good fun man.

I bought one of these from Classic Arms. I really like the look of the thumb hole stock. I'm not sure the longer barrel is any more accurate, but it looks better on this model. It's a great shooter and the trigger does not seem to have the slap issues of the basic Saigas.

jcs44

and here's an internal reciever block that might work for these to put a folder on them...

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=302&osCsid=2cd7f6ddc7da03c2b922d2502160eeb1

If you go the internal block route, be careful about measuring and checking to see if the block will fit correctly before cutting the tang.

The tang is supporting the angled stock which does not have very much lower bearing surface. By cutting the tang and then realizing the ACE block might not fit, you might not be able to get the original wood stock in a stable hold enough inside the rifle because of the angle cut. If that were the case, at that point, your holding on to a short barrel rifle due to lack of overall 26 1/2 length and still need a new stock solution.

[Edit to add correction] This would only apply on the 16 inch barrel versions if they happen to get imported. I can't tell from the Ishmash website if they export a 16inch version to the US.

Edited by my762buzz

and here's an internal reciever block that might work for these to put a folder on them...

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=302&osCsid=2cd7f6ddc7da03c2b922d2502160eeb1

If you go the internal block route, be careful about measuring and checking to see if the block will fit correctly before cutting the tang.

The tang is supporting the angled stock which does not have very much lower bearing surface. By cutting the tang and then realizing the ACE block might not fit, you might not be able to get the original wood stock in a stable hold enough inside the rifle because of the angle cut. If that were the case, at that point, your holding on to a short barrel rifle due to lack of overall 26 1/2 length and still need a new stock solution.

[Edit to add correction] This would only apply on the 16 inch barrel versions if they happen to get imported. I can't tell from the Ishmash website if they export a 16inch version to the US.

It might not meet the overall length requirement for a rifle, but I'm pretty sure it won't be considered a SBR. It order to be considered a Short Barrel Rifle it has to have a shorter barrel, doesn't it? The stock doesn't affect the barrel. As long as the barrel is 16 inches or longer, it isn't a SBR. That being said, it still may not meet the appropriate overall length requirement for a legal rifle in some states.

It might not meet the overall length requirement for a rifle, but I'm pretty sure it won't be considered a SBR. It order to be considered a Short Barrel Rifle it has to have a shorter barrel, doesn't it? The stock doesn't affect the barrel. As long as the barrel is 16 inches or longer, it isn't a SBR. That being said, it still may not meet the appropriate overall length requirement for a legal rifle in some states.

Under 16" barrel and/or under 26" overall length on a rifle makes it an SBR. As to whether a 16" Saiga with the stock taken off is a SBR or not, well I'll leave that to NFA law experts. However think of it this way - if the Saiga without a stock is an SBR wouldn't that mean everyone who ever converted the gun, or took the buttstock off to change it or clean the gun out, etc. is guilty of making an SBR?

Under 16" barrel and/or under 26" overall length on a rifle makes it an SBR. As to whether a 16" Saiga with the stock taken off is a SBR or not, well I'll leave that to NFA law experts. However think of it this way - if the Saiga without a stock is an SBR wouldn't that mean everyone who ever converted the gun, or took the buttstock off to change it or clean the gun out, etc. is guilty of making an SBR?

That's pretty lame that overall length can make a gun a SBR, since SBR means short barreled rifle and the barrel of the rifle hasn't been touched. Laws are retarded... Anyway, yeah, I'm going to assume that a Saiga with the buttstock off and the receiver left open in the back isn't a SBR violation. Otherwise we'd all have to convert our guns at a Class 3 gunsmith... I think if the receiver were closed it would be, since that would be a complete gun.

Anyway, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, here.

As to whether a 16" Saiga with the stock taken off is a SBR or not, well I'll leave that to NFA law experts. However think of it this way - if the Saiga without a stock is an SBR wouldn't that mean everyone who ever converted the gun, or took the buttstock off to change it or clean the gun out, etc. is guilty of making an SBR?

Measure a 16 inch barrel version saiga from the muzzle tip to the tang tip. That last few times I measured this a while back the tang tip made the overall just over 26 inches.

Cutting the tang will drop the overall below the requirement. A few people have posted in the past about making their saiga into a pistol by removing he stock and closing the receiver hole

like a draco. This would imply cutting the tang. A 16 inch barrel saiga with no stock and no tang at the same time constitutes a short barrel rifle.

Edited by my762buzz

As to whether a 16" Saiga with the stock taken off is a SBR or not, well I'll leave that to NFA law experts. However think of it this way - if the Saiga without a stock is an SBR wouldn't that mean everyone who ever converted the gun, or took the buttstock off to change it or clean the gun out, etc. is guilty of making an SBR?

Measure a 16 inch barrel version saiga from the muzzle tip to the tang tip. That last few times I measured this a while back the tang tip made the overall just over 26 inches.

Cutting the tang will drop the overall below the requirement. A few people have posted in the past about making their saiga into a pistol by removing he stock and closing the receiver hole

like a draco. This would imply cutting the tang. A 16 inch barrel saiga with no stock and no tang at the same time constitutes a short barrel rifle.

Cool, thanks.

• 1 year later...