Threaded Barrels/Chamber type

Can't remember the exact date on mine. It's an '08. Only thing I got lucky with though was the no step chamber. The last few new ones I've seen lately have all been dimpled also. They are probably 09's.

Edited by danklab

my March 09 has a no step chamber AND threads, as well as dimples, handguard notches, etc.

So, the previous poster is right, random luck....

Maybe not, I just checked and my March '09 has not only has the no-step chamber and dimples, but also the threaded barrel and handguard notches. Could be March '09 is a desired run of rifles and maybe there are others.

My March 09 had all the good stuff but the barrel was NOT threaded. No big deal. I was able to thread it all the way back to the FSB. I think the AK-74 style brake looks better when it's back against the FSB instead of having a shroud between the FSB and the brake. So, I wouldn't be too upset if the barrel doesn't have threads. You can't change stepped chambers and dimpled receivers, but non-threaded barrels you can change.