so i wanted to buy a saiga, but the saiga i am looking to buy has already had a conversion job done to it, and has a pistol grip. and well, one thing lead to the next, and now i have spent all day digging around this forum trying to get some info about this whole 922r issue that i was previously unaware of.

i have found a bit of basic info, like the calculators, and have boiled it down to thinking that as long as you have no more than 10 forign parts on your saiga you should be clear. is this accurate?

also, the saiga-12 i want to buy is from a local gun store, has a pistol grip, and does not seem to be a stock weapon at all. but i am not aware of all the parts on the gun. from what i know i want to add to it(butt stock) and assuming the pistol grip is a US part, that only comes out to 2 US parts that i am aware of. so another question, is it legal for the dealer to sell me a non-922r compliant gun?