Anybody here carry a Sig Sauer 2022 .40 Cal?

My dealer says he doesn't have any Sig Sauer .40 Cal P250's in stock. He's offering me a Sig Sauer 2022 .40 Cal but for considerably more money. I can afford it but I'll end up paying $1,500 in total for the gun. Comments? Opinions? :unsure:

We have a Sig 2022 in 9 mm bought it a couple months ago and currently have about 300 rounds run through it and never any problem, my wife shoots it better than I do.

Do guns in the PI cost over double what they do in the US ?

The Sig 2022 we bought was about $600.

Sig as I'm sure you know has a reputation for great quality guns that are built to last.

We have a Sig 2022 in 9 mm bought it a couple months ago and currently have about 300 rounds run through it and never any problem, my wife shoots it better than I do.

Do guns in the PI cost over double what they do in the US ?

The Sig 2022 we bought was about $600.

Sig as I'm sure you know has a reputation for great quality guns that are built to last.

Gov't Taxes and the stranglehold of the gun dealers here basically. I paid $1,043 for my Saiga 12 and I had no choice in the matter as there's only one dealer here. :unsure:

My dealer says he doesn't have any Sig Sauer .40 Cal P250's in stock. He's offering me a Sig Sauer 2022 .40 Cal but for considerably more money. I can afford it but I'll end up paying $1,500 in total for the gun. Comments? Opinions? :unsure:

I used to own it. I paid $550 for a new one. It had a loose rear sight leaf and had to be sent back to Sig to be fixed. It also didn't lock the slide back after the last round a lot of the times. Not sure if that was because of my grip pushing on the slide release or what. Also, I have large hands and the grip was a little too short for me.

Other than that, it was built like a tank, had a very, very nice trigger, was very accurate and went "bang" every time, even though I used up a lot of cheap, steel-cased Russian ammo in it.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

To me that's a lot of money for the gun. I understand that your in the PI and things are different there though, so if you can get past the high price, cool.

I own a Sig P226 and can say that it has never failed on me. I carried one while in the service and abused the HELL out of it, worst thing that ever happened was a very rare stove pipe malfunction. Sig Sauer has some very well engineered weapons. Having personally seen the kind of abuse that they can take, I'm a customer for life.

I own a Sig P226 and can say that it has never failed on me. I carried one while in the service and abused the HELL out of it, worst thing that ever happened was a very rare stove pipe malfunction. Sig Sauer has some very well engineered weapons. Having personally seen the kind of abuse that they can take, I'm a customer for life.

I tried one on the other day, and to be honest, it felt kind of weird in my hands. It was too small, and I felt like the slide release was larger than it needed to be. That being said, you generally get what you pay for. I've shot 229, 226, 239, and I think a 220 once, I can't remember, but never a SigPro 2022. I'd rent one first to see how it works. How much is the 2Sum going for over there?

Good Luck.

The 9mm Sig 2022 was available here in Southern Kali for $399! On sale.

So if the guns are crazy expensive in the Phillipines, how much is the ammo there?

I'm a gun newbie. But local ammo come out to be $.50 a piece. Even 12 Gauge. Armscor is decent quality. Is that expensive? :rolleyes:

So if the guns are crazy expensive in the Phillipines, how much is the ammo there?

I'm a gun newbie. But local ammo come out to be $.50 a piece. Even 12 Gauge. Armscor is decent quality. Is that expensive? :rolleyes:

It depends on what kind of ammo. If you're talking most pistol ammo, thats pricey. If you're talking rifle ammo like 5.56, thats very pricey. If you're talking .308 ammo or 12ga buck or slug, thats very good.

Stateside people here get the Walmart value packs for 12ga birdshot in either 7-1/2 or 8 for about $22.5/100rnd pack.

It depends on what kind of ammo. If you're talking most pistol ammo, thats pricey. If you're talking rifle ammo like 5.56, thats very pricey. If you're talking .308 ammo or 12ga buck or slug, thats very good.

Stateside people here get the Walmart value packs for 12ga birdshot in either 7-1/2 or 8 for about $22.5/100rnd pack.

12 GA 3/4 and slug for me.... :super: