U.S.-made 5.45 mag followers

Just a quick tip for those seeking another compliance option. There is a guy at theakforum.net who sells U.S. replicas of 5.45 mag followers. They will work for polymer or steel mags. I'm putting wood on my 5.45, so I need one more part. (The K-Var U.S.-made floorplates are not ideal for the 5.45, as they fit slightly loosely).

P1132220.jpg

P1142226.jpg

Just a quick tip for those seeking another compliance option. There is a guy at theakforum.net who sells U.S. replicas of 5.45 mag followers. They will work for polymer or steel mags. I'm putting wood on my 5.45, so I need one more part. (The K-Var U.S.-made floorplates are not ideal for the 5.45, as they fit slightly loosely).

P1132220.jpg

P1142226.jpg

He can also be found at gunco, akfiles and other forums that involve the Kalashnikov.

My K-Var floorplates fit properly without being loose and work well on my poly 5.45 mags...to say that they aren't ideal is a bit misleading, unless you're talking about using them on metal 5.45 mags.

Z

My K-Var floorplates fit properly without being loose and work well on my poly 5.45 mags...to say that they aren't ideal is a bit misleading, unless you're talking about using them on metal 5.45 mags.

I've said nothing misleading. I tried them on several 5.45 polymer mags, and they were loose on them. In contrast, they fit perfectly tight on 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 polymer mags.

They are still usable on the 5.45, though; the looseness is more of an annoyance and not enough to worry about actual function. But the fact that they are loose at all is what makes me say that they are not ideal.

I've said nothing misleading. I tried them on several 5.45 polymer mags, and they were loose on them. In contrast, they fit perfectly tight on 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 polymer mags.

They are still usable on the 5.45, though; the looseness is more of an annoyance and not enough to worry about actual function. But the fact that they are loose at all is what makes me say that they are not ideal.

Thats interesting I was planning on spending some bucks to conevert all my 5.45 mags to these USA floorplates to keep my 5.45 as original as possible (when I find one), thanks for the info. Btw the followers grasshopper sells are perfectomondo!

Not to harp on your posts but I do find it somewhat misleading to imply they are less than serviceable/ideal... because you might steer people away from an otherwise perfectly functional product that can help with compliance issues.

All my metal 7.62 mags with issue floorplates have some looseness in them, so do my issue 5.45 floor plates. The K-Var's are no different, same amount of looseness just like my bakelite 7.62 mags. I just don't see that mild amount of play being somehow less than ideal...they all appear to be that way, it's the nature of combloc mags.

Z