Took my 16 year old daughter to the range today.

Brought along the Ruger Mark 3 Target, the Glock 17 and one of my converted Saiga 7.62's.

Stared with the Ruger and worked our way up the calibers.

She was a great student. We had been out together before but this time was a little more intensive with teaching.

She demonstrated excellent range safety protocol and was very accurate on the pistol range.

She then fired the Saiga/AK and was remarkably comfortable with the weapon. She did start out with the typical female leaning backward stance

but I reminded her of her batting stance in softball and demonstrated a proper shooting stance and after that she was nailing bowling pins at 25 and 50 meters with great form.

All in all a very enjoyable afternoon for a proud father.027.gif

• Like 1

Brought along the Ruger Mark 3 Target, the Glock 17 and one of my converted Saiga 7.62's.

She was a great student. We had been out together before but this time was a little more intensive with teaching.

She demonstrated excellent range safety protocol and was very accurate on the pistol range.

She then fired the Saiga/AK and was remarkably comfortable with the weapon. She did start out with the typical female leaning backward stance

but I reminded her of her batting stance in softball and demonstrated a proper shooting stance and after that she was nailing bowling pins at 25 and 50 meters with great form.

It's a great father-daughter experience. I've been taking my kids out for the past couple of years. I have some youtube vids of it. It really helps if you video it. They will learn a shit load by watching themselves - no joke.

My youngest daughter (16) is as comfortable with her Glock .45 as she is with her cell phone. No joke. Serious. Keep it going!

• Like 2

Very nice. Congrats on having such a willing and able student/daughter :super:

• Like 2