New Here Looking for a Conversion Company

First off welcome to the forum. I don't know if you are at all interested in doing your own conversion, but if you are there is a wealth of knowledge here both in the members and the material. If you don't want to try it there are plenty of buisness members here that can do what you want them to. Just check the material here and there are a few video's on you tube. Check that before you make up your mind because if you are just hitting the basics it really isn't that hard.

Hi I am new here and looking for a reliable company to do a Saiga 12 Conversion. Can any of you recommend some reliable companies. I have ran across some that don't specify you are getting for the price of the conversion. Thanks!

I highly recommend Lone Star Arms.

Mike is a true professional, and a pleasure to do business with. He absolutely loves his work, and it shows in every gun he works on. Some of the work Mike does to make the S-12 reliable with all shells is truly unique. Here's what you get for the price. That's a good general description, but you really should contact Mike for specifics:

Michael Rogers

Lone Star Arms

Saiga 12 Performance

2501 Baylor SE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

505-263-8822

lonestararms@yahoo.com

Tell him Will sent ya. :)

You should also check out the other threads in his biz section for testimonials, demo videos, project descriptions etc.

Here's a short vid demonstrating my S-12's performance after Mike worked his magic on her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQU37GG6-Q

That's el cheapo birdshot on (customized) factory gas plug setting 1. After LSA works on your S-12's gas system, 1 setting is all you need, for all shells. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 3

I absolutely LVOE my Red JAcket saiga-12.

I have nearly 1K rounds through and haven't cleaned it ONCE. I Literally pulled it out of the box and started shooting it immediately, and I just keep shooting it every day. I haven't had a single FTF or FTE yet - flawless! At first I just didn't clean it knowing I was going to shoot it again tomarrow, but now I'm sort of curious to see how far/long I can let it go - I will say it looks pretty hairy in there when I look under the dst cover, yet it's still running like a top! I couldn't recomend Red Jacket enough!

I posted about my gun here;

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=56329&st=0&gopid=534654&

Hope that helps!

Edited by redsoldier
  • Like 1

we are on a 30-60 day wait, and we will install the patented last round bolt hold open from us for a fee, of course

the guy Im pimping, Tom Cole, is a 37 year Master Gunsmith, and we hold the current warranty contract for the saiga importer...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Go with the Cadillac.....

Tromix

There's a REASON everyone is compared to Tromix. :super:

Tromix on YouTube

S02-16inch-trns.gif

Tony (at Tromix)is working hard on mine right now:)

Just got it back from Tromix.....Picture does not do justice....You have to feel the quality....BAD ASS....now if the rain will stop I can go fire it

post-22193-002473500 1281886699_thumb.jpg

post-22193-096383300 1281886744_thumb.jpg

I think if Chaos and Tromix combined forces these guns would become so amazing to the point where they'd be illegal from too much badassery :lolol:

That would warrant the famous quote from Beavis......"BOOOINNNGGGG" :lolol:

I say do yer first one yourself to learn the workings of the gun...

P.S. one of these days i will get around to uploading the iraqveteran8888 video of the conversion. He walks you through the total conversion (screw build and reusing the trigger guard) explaining everything very detailed like and it is a great learning experience... its also on youtube look up Saiga 12 gunsmithing and find the one by iraqveteran8888

Edited by vampire

Tromix

Tromix on YouTube

S02-16inch-trns.gif

Just got it back from Tromix.....Picture does not do justice....You have to feel the quality....BAD ASS....now if the rain will stop I can go fire it

A Tromix will shoot in the rain as well :smoke:

Tromix

Tromix on YouTube

S02-16inch-trns.gif

A Tromix will shoot in the rain as well :smoke:

That was my excuse to buy myself a few more days til payday for a SHITLOAD of ammo :super:

i did my own and had alot of fun doing it. taking a stock s12 and turning it into a war machine is half the fun, but if u dont want to take a look at some Tromix s12.

More fun for me to have it done right.....Going to add Red Russian wood handguard and pistol grip