Russian 2-Round Magazines

From my previous thread you've probably gathered that I've read a lot of information on various issues regarding the S12.

With that said, I understand why the Factory 8 rounders are difficult to get here in the states but I would love to get my hands on a Factory 2 rounder. I found one vendor that has them but they're $80/each.

I have a Surefire 2-rounder and it works fine but it won't let me cycle the action on a closed bolt (that is, I can't do 2+1 just 1+1). Plus the factory one is Russian and that is just cool.

Anyone have any information on why they're so hard to find or know of a not-so-well known way to get them cheaper. :)

There is another way but it's not that much cheaper. I can take a 5 rd mag (Russian or keepshooting.com) and cut it down to two rounds and plastic weld it together. It will look and work exactly like my Russian two rd mag. PM me if anyone is interested.

Anyone have any information on why they're so hard to find

demand, probably not a big demand for 2 round mags.

Yeh, Clyde had remarked to me about a year or so ago that the 2 round mags were brought in in a single amount as a tester almost 3 years ago, and he is still sitting on a coulpe dozen, as I look at saigastock.com right now. He mentioned that they were so pricey for the exact reason that is mentioned, and there isnt that high of a demand for them, and it costs him money to sit on that many of them for so long to sell one or two here and there, which i cant blame him for that.

I dunno what cobra is charging, I know he doesnt work for free, and the original is a bit steep for any magazine really at 80 bucks a pop at saigastock.com. Its a duck hunting mag though....

Thanks for the information guys.

Cobra, I will have to pass. I like the arithmetic increase of mags in existence. The idea sacrificing one to create another makes me weep on the inside. :)

BVamp: Hmmmmmm. Now, I kinda want to order one but the $80 price tag makes me pause. However, your indication that there is a finite and not easily increasable number of them in the US puts pressure on me to get one. haha

if you are going to use this as a hunting mag, just block the factory 5 rounder that came with it. that is what everyone else that hunts with shotguns do. it's a simple matter of taking out the floorplate insert a piece of wood so you can't load more then a couple shells and then call it a day. then if you're not out there hunting, take the piece of wood out. no need to cut anything.

price for that conversion: free. I'm sure there is a piece of wood somewhere laying around near your home.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

if you are going to use this as a hunting mag, just block the factory 5 rounder that came with it. that is what everyone else that hunts with shotguns do. it's a simple matter of taking out the floorplate insert a piece of wood so you can't load more then a couple shells and then call it a day. then if you're not out there hunting, take the piece of wood out. no need to cut anything.

price for that conversion: free. I'm sure there is a piece of wood somewhere laying around near your home.

Yeah, I know that is the easiest and least expensive option but it just struck me as odd that the factory .410 2-rounder is $29.95, the 20 gauge 2-rounder is $36.95 but the 12 gauge is $79.95. $30-$37 would put it more on par with a factory 5-rounder.

Plus I have an irrational draw to the "official" two-rounder. biggrin.gif

They have shown up on the board here for sale in the past. I've swaped/bought them a couple times here. That being said they haven't came up as of late, I think the forum is getting too busy and I miss them ;)

They have shown up on the board here for sale in the past. I've swaped/bought them a couple times here. That being said they haven't came up as of late, I think the forum is getting too busy and I miss them ;)

That is actually what got me thinking about them again. I was looking through the S12 pics thread and a lot of the older posts had guns with them in them.

I have a few of the factory 2 rounders. I traded for 1, bought one off a member on another board and ordered the last one from Saigastock.

They always seem to run in the $75 - $80 range. I believe these are a one time deal so I guess get them while you can - I may be wrong but I guess we'll see.

You can also cut down Surefire's under the ribs. That's why the ribs are there. Then just reassemble and slide the floor plate back on the rib you just cut under.