Hey guys, I had a question for ya'll. I applied for a job at honda and got a second interview on friday of last week. They said they would make a decision at 6 friday, or monday. I still havn't gotten a call. I'm dying to know if I got the job so I was thinking about calling today to ask if the position had been filled and if they need any more info from me.

Is it to early to call? Would this hurt my chances calling so soon?

Thanks

Hey guys, I had a question for ya'll. I applied for a job at honda and got a second interview on friday of last week. They said they would make a decision at 6 friday, or monday. I still havn't gotten a call. I'm dying to know if I got the job so I was thinking about calling today to ask if the position had been filled and if they need any more info from me.

Is it to early to call? Would this hurt my chances calling so soon?

Thanks

I would call them up. What could it hurt? I hope you get the job, but if they said they were going to call by yesterday, it doesn't sound good. If you don't get hired it would probably be a good idea to politely ask them to keep your application on file if an opening presents itself.

Good Luck

No clue what your field is, I'd consider writing them an email thanking them for the interview. Most people don't do this any more and it may impress them and hopefully remind them to get back to you. Also remember that a lot of companies can't be bothered with turning people down, they just leave people hanging.

Something like...

I wanted to take a few minutes and thank you for having me in for an interview; I had a good time talking to you and I am very interested in pursuing a position at your company.... etc etc.
Edited by vbrtrmn
  • Like 1

Alright thanks guys. I'm gonna call in just a sec, I'll update.

I just figured a company like Honda would call and say if i DIDN'T get the job seeing as I spent a good 2 hours interviewing with them. Seems like a common courtesy but hey, who knows.

I just figured a company like Honda would call and say if i DIDN'T get the job seeing as I spent a good 2 hours interviewing with them. Seems like a common courtesy but hey, who knows.

I've interviewed for many many companies, I can probably count on one hand how many times I was notified that I didn't get the job... and I didn't get most of them.

Well I called and got a very confusing answer from the hiring woman. She said they were doing some restructuring or something and now a part time position is available as well. She also said they hadn't made a decisions yet but by her wording, it seemed I'm not in the running. Oh well, we'll see if I get a call.

Thanks for the advice guys, and ya know, if anyone is hiring in the missoula area, you know who to call ;)

Well I called and got a very confusing answer from the hiring woman. She said they were doing some restructuring or something and now a part time position is available as well. She also said they hadn't made a decisions yet but by her wording, it seemed I'm not in the running. Oh well, we'll see if I get a call.

Thanks for the advice guys, and ya know, if anyone is hiring in the missoula area, you know who to call ;)

My first job, I called a couple of times a day when I didn't hear anything at first. They finally hired e, and told me they picked me because I was persistant and thought I'd be a good worker because of that. Just don't make it "anoyying". Good Luck!

• Like 1

Yep...

Show you want the job.

I rarely ever don't get hired when I apply somewhere.

First I make beautifully printed & presented resumes & second, I follow up to show that I want the job & to show I don't have some sense of entitlement & expect them to ask me to take the job.

"Sorry to bother you Mam... But I was inquiring about the status of my application?.... Thank you for your time & once again, sorry to bother you, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity of joining your organization."

Edited by Paulyski

A little persistence never killed anyone...well, maybe it has, but I doubt anyones ever been killed for calling back a potential employer. I just got a new job last week and they said they would "call me by the middle of next week" and when I didn't hear from them by the following Wed., I called them. They said they would be making a decision by that night or the next morning, and sure enough, they called me back a few hours later to tell me I got the job!!! Showing initiative looks good to an employer (at least in my experience). Good luck with your job search. Check for job listings on Craig's List too..... You'll never know what you might find on there...