Are the 20 round drums any different than they were at the end of 08&#

I bought a 20 rounder from the run right when king Obama was elected, end of '08 It was the new run where they molded the dates on to grandfather us in.

Have the drums changed much since then as far as their design, reliability or durability?

Edited by TronJohn

The black body looks the same. A slightly darker black. The center circle has no bumps where the polymer material was injected in the mold like the 2nd run did, so it's a more attractive finish.

The new smoke cover can make a very slight amount of glare compared to the last one, but it's more of a blue-grey tint, whereas the old one was more of a tan-grey tint, so the new one's more attractive. The new smoke cover is a little bit more transparent also, so easier to see rounds, but it doesn't let the bright brass be visible from afar.

I would call it an improvement.

Reliability is the same great drum.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

The black body looks the same. A slightly darker black. The center circle has no bumps where the polymer material was injected in the mold like the 2nd run did, so it's a more attractive finish.

The new smoke cover can make a very slight amount of glare compared to the last one, but it's more of a blue-grey tint, whereas the old one was more of a tan-grey tint, so the new one's more attractive. The new smoke cover is a little bit more transparent also, so easier to see rounds, but it doesn't let the bright brass be visible from afar.

I would call it an improvement.

Reliability is the same great drum.

:eek:

that is some serious detail my friend haha