Latest incarnation of my 308

• 2 weeks later...

PRK resident perhaps.

That would be correct...I finally got the T6 stock set from Tapco and yes the trigger sucks. I didn't want to convert it just yet. It used to have the regular factory stock but wanted a more compact weapon. This shot is before the T6 was added

post-24333-005009500 1281487489_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2

Well I say if you aren't ready to convert just get used to the trigger. You don't have to convert your rifle unless you really want to. Myself I didn't find the standard trigger to terrible. I mainly wanted a Ak style rifle so did the conversion. I'm seriously considering leaving my next Saiga stock dispite all the people that say you have to convert.

Well I say if you aren't ready to convert just get used to the trigger. You don't have to convert your rifle unless you really want to. Myself I didn't find the standard trigger to terrible. I mainly wanted a Ak style rifle so did the conversion. I'm seriously considering leaving my next Saiga stock dispite all the people that say you have to convert.

If you want an AK style rifle, or even adding a pistol grip/stock, then converting is MUST. I made the mistake of just putting a Tapco T6 stock before I converted and it was horrible. If you keep your gun in that configuration, definitely convert it!

Here's mine before and after:

post-25899-084061300 1281540308_thumb.jpg

post-25899-080899600 1281540328_thumb.jpg

If you want an AK style rifle, or even adding a pistol grip/stock, then converting is MUST. I made the mistake of just putting a Tapco T6 stock before I converted and it was horrible. If you keep your gun in that configuration, definitely convert it!

Here's mine before and after:

Looks Great! I might do it. I also have a 7.62x39 which still has the standard factory stock. The darn trigger on the .308 is a headache but I'll live with it until I get out of this state and go to Arizona... then the fun starts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a little tired of how my 308 was configured. I added the Tapco T6 stock set an a Bushnell Red Dot and of course a mag lock...ewwww

WOW, no that`s how I want to set up my new 308 to the T. Could you give me a parts list? Thanks for your time.

Well lets see..

Tapco T6 stock set for Saiga with a Mesa Tactical butt pad

NcStar universal mount up front for the Pentagon tactical light

Bushnell Red Dot on a quick release rail side mount (can't recall brand)

Harris Bipod... actually a knock off but just as good

Condor single point sling (not shown)

NcStar Green laser on the rail

post-24333-089856700 1286320812_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2

Definitely convert, you won't regret it. Just remember to address the safety issues with the .308. How do you like the Bushnell Red Dot scope. It looks good on there.

You know it's kinda growing on me the way I have it right now. It looks definately different than an AK and I guess I am kind of intimidated of doing myself. I know there's a lot of YouTube video's on how to do it and a lot of you guys out there willing to give pointers. I really like that Red Dot. It's not quite an ACOG but it's not a thousand bucks either. I also have a Bushnell Holoscope which is a sporting version of the EoTech that I used to have on the 308. Great scopes.

Edited by Berzerker2
  • 2 months later...

Definitely convert, you won't regret it. Just remember to address the safety issues with the .308. How do you like the Bushnell Red Dot scope. It looks good on there.

You know it's kinda growing on me the way I have it right now. It looks definately different than an AK and I guess I am kind of intimidated of doing myself. I know there's a lot of YouTube video's on how to do it and a lot of you guys out there willing to give pointers. I really like that Red Dot. It's not quite an ACOG but it's not a thousand bucks either. I also have a Bushnell Holoscope which is a sporting version of the EoTech that I used to have on the 308. Great scopes.

Changed my 308 again. Galil front grip and changed mount for bipod and tactical light

post-24333-0-35734400-1292265133_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-14072700-1292265363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2
  • 1 month later...

Changed my 308 again. Galil front grip and changed mount for bipod and tactical light

Well I finally decided to convert this. I got a lot of great people here to help me with any problems I may encounter. This forum is a great place to get expert advice...I'll post pics afterwards.

I just converted one, and the 308 is dead simple. Much better trigger and ergos.

Yeah I hate that trigger the way it is factory configured. I just need to gather a few parts and I will give it a shot..... :killer:

Did it already have the hole for the PG nut?

Edited by Berzerker2
  • 2 months later...

i believe allthe 308 rifles have it.

Well I have the parts coming from Dinzag and the conversion will begin the second they arrive. In the mean time I'm considering what furniture to use. I have a Tapco T6 which is for the unconverted Saiga and I know it will work with the standard type pistol grip but I was considering going back to more of a traditional AK look using a K-var USA stock set in standard Warsaw pact length. I will need to order the gas tube from Dinzag if I go that route...on the other hand I may just order an Ace 8-1/2 Skeleton stock and mounting plate without the folding adapter and leave the Galil hand guard for more of a Galil 308 look..

I DID THE SAME THING YOU DID WITH THE UNCONVERTED T6 STOCK AND GRIP BUT AFTER I CONVERTED I BOUGHT THE T6 FOR CONVERTED RIFLES AND LIKE THE LOOK BETTER. I WENT A DIFFERENT ROUTE FOR THE FRONT THAN YOU. I WANTED THE AK LOOK MORE THAN THE GALIL LOOK. YOU WILL HAVE TO POST MORE PICS WHEN YOU GET THE CONVERSION DONE SO WE CAN SEE. I WOULD SAY TO POST PICS WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THE RIFLE BUT THESE ARE NEVER REALLY DONE.

BEFORE saigaak001.jpg

AFTER IM001105.jpg

Edited by byron

Mine did not have the PG nut hole cut but the dremel knocked that right out.

Need to post some pics of mine soon as I get the scratch to buy a usb cable for the camera, keep buying ammo :)

you don't need the usb cable. just use a cardreader like i do.

I DID THE SAME THING YOU DID WITH THE UNCONVERTED T6 STOCK AND GRIP BUT AFTER I CONVERTED I BOUGHT THE T6 FOR CONVERTED RIFLES AND LIKE THE LOOK BETTER. I WENT A DIFFERENT ROUTE FOR THE FRONT THAN YOU. I WANTED THE AK LOOK MORE THAN THE GALIL LOOK. YOU WILL HAVE TO POST MORE PICS WHEN YOU GET THE CONVERSION DONE SO WE CAN SEE. I WOULD SAY TO POST PICS WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THE RIFLE BUT THESE ARE NEVER REALLY DONE.

BEFORE saigaak001.jpg

AFTER IM001105.jpg

Well I have the receiver stripped of all the components and I yanked off the plate/trigger guard over the weekend. Dinzag has my parts on the way and I hope to have it all assembled by this coming weekend. I am going to retain the Galil front guard temporarily and use the AK T6 stock until I get my tax refund and then I am going back to the AK look with some K-Var furniture in either OD green or black... maybe even in plum color..purple people eater LOL

Light... Laser... Bipod... Knockoff red dot. What's the point of all of this on an already heavy saiga 308?

Always wondered but no one ever explained why you should spend that much on a bunch of stuff instead of one nice item like optics.

Light... Laser... Bipod... Knockoff red dot. What's the point of all of this on an already heavy saiga 308?

Always wondered but no one ever explained why you should spend that much on a bunch of stuff instead of one nice item like optics.

Why? The Red dot is not a cheap knockoff and I also have an EoTech which may or may not get added. As fo spending so much? I used to be a dealer of tactical items and sold them at gun show so I had some overstock when I stopped doing the shows a few years back. Heavy? Not that heavy and don't worry, I'm strong enough to carry it with no problems.

Why do others put things on their weapons you ask? Because they want to maybe? It can all come off in a matter of seconds anyway... I don't get the point of your question...

I don't get the point of your question...

What's the attraction of a ton of do-dads?

Fair question: like I said, I had it set up with all the bells and whistles that I used to sell at the gun shows. I also used to sell to various LEO's at those gun shows and I could write all this stuff off as advertising.

Those do dads as you like to call them come in handy at times but it's obvious you are a purist when it comes to AK's which is just fine. Thanks for asking and like I said I'm about to convert this .308 and who knows what the heck it'll look like again... I'm leaning on putting regular AK synthetic furniture on it and any scopes can be added or taken off very easily with the side rail mount.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the point of your question...

What's the attraction of a ton of do-dads?

Well I have to admit I really like how my .308 feels now. I am just about done and the last two shots were taken after I finished converting it. I put it back to basic AK configuration and I am waiting for my K-Var black lower & upper hand guards so I can get rid of the Galil front grip. Although it looks great, I don't like the feel of that handguard. I have a side mount if I feel like adding a red dot (EoTech) and a flash light. I also have that same mount that I had up front if I want to mount the bipod but I have to admit it does feel better and LIGHTER without the "do-dads".

post-24333-0-65512900-1305591966_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-47049900-1305591981_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-51283000-1305592001_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-12989900-1305592023_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-82123600-1305592044_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-85254200-1306180968_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-62536200-1306180980_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-90785200-1306180990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2