Any pics of an unmodified S-20 carrier?

A forum member's carrier seems to have been heavily modified by someone else & ground down at the rear to the point that it won't push the hammer all the way into the disconnecter.

I'm going to add some steel to the bottom & shape it like a stock unit, ship it back to him & he's going to do the fine tuning.

Only issue is, I don't have an S-20 carrier to see how much should be there...

Anyone have any side view pics (measurements would be cool too) of a stock, unmodified S-20s carrier so I can see how thick the bottom center section that resets the hammer should be?

Here's the unit that the member is having issues with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QzNVd7qLQY&feature=player_embedded

That would help.

No rush either...

He hasn't shipped it yet, he just said he was going to soon, so I figured I'd throw up the thread so I would have an idea of how thick the center section is supposed to be by the time it got here.

I'll be building it up & he'll test & whittle it down to the perfect size while testing how far it drives the hammer into the disconnecter hook, so exact precision, although it would be nice, will be more on his end after I build it up & give it the initial shape.

BTW, Just in case anyone was wondering, he has checked his disconnecter to ensure it's not the recall & he says he has the spring in.

high carrier from modification and low hammer face, will cause this. Not the first one i've seen from people who take too much off the carrier.

Unfortunately, looking at the video, it doesn't look like much was taken off the hammer, otherwise, just buy a new hammer...

I was thinking about maybe just adding to a hammer & case-hardening, but then the gun could never swap FCGs again without jumping through the same hoops.

the area could be built up with weld and ground back down. granted it's cost and work but could be done.

That's the whole idea.

All I'm asking him to pay for is welding rod & shipping.

He's gonna ship it to me monday.

But on a side note.... Got any pics?

Edited by Paulyski

This one is polished. No metal was removed. Let me know exactly what measurement you need.

WOW!

Looks like that carrier I posted the video of really IS missing a LOT!! :eek:

Thanks CSS. :up:

I don't think I would have made it THAT thick. I wouldn't think anyone would remove that much metal in the first place.

As for measurements, a quick total thickness from the top of the carrier to the bottom at the high point would suffice.

I'm going to ask the member who's sending it in how far it looks like his hammer is away from resetting, just to get an idea.

I plan on making it a touch thick, so he can whittle it down to ensure it works with his gun, since he knows what he's trying to accomplish

No problem bro.

That's what the forum's all about.

I'm not doing it for profit, it's just a hobby. Pride comes into play when I can turn shit into gold.

I understand how much it sucks to get all excited about a gun & have it end up being not only a disappointment, but an embarrassment.

Then to find out that you're shit-out-of-luck about getting a replacement part, because they aren't sold, so you're screwed.

Dear Arnisandyz;

I'm having political issues at the moment with my account named Paulyski due to calling bullshit too much & being too good at it within the rules.

The Paulyski account is suspended for 5 days by Wolverine.

But don't worry, nothing's changed with your carrier & bolt.

Even if I get banned, I'll still come through for you. :up:

I'll PM you with my e-mail address.