Help With Reassembly After Conversion

I converted my Saiga 12 today. I used a Tromix FCG and followed the installation instructions on the Carolina Shooter Supply site. Everything seemed to go fine.

After conversion, I began to reassemble my Saiga. After placing the bolt into the bolt holder (op rod) the bolt holder does not want to snap down to slide on the rails and go over the new trigger. I have checked the placement of the bolt in the bolt holder and I am sure it is correct.

What and I doing wrong? Need advice!! Thanks

You may need to press down on the bolt carrier to compress the hammer a little more to get the carrier to align with the rails.

Don't be afraid to use some downward pressure. It should slide right in.

I gave it a try and the bolt holder did snap into place. Now when I try to push the bolt holder forward, the rear part of the bolt holder does not want yo go pass the hammer. The hammer is in the cocked position. What now?

What I did was just take the nut off and grind it in half. I used a bench grinder but a file will work. I did not need to grind the bolt at all, if you look at it the bolt sits down in the nut, grind it flush. I hope this helps. Remember to use lock tite. Click on the image to make it bigger.

post-24911-035533800 1280692794_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rangerguy

What I did was just take the nut off and grind it in half. I used a bench grinder but a file will work. I did not need to grind the bolt at all, if you look at it the bolt sits down in the nut, grind it flush. I hope this helps. Remember to use lock tite.

Thanks Rangeguy

I have a bench grinder. I can't do it today, but I will tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes!