Going intobattery problems

I'm starting to have some failures to go back into battery issues with my gun. Any ideas what to work on? I have cleaned it, use good ammo, lubed it, etc. Could the recoil spring need changing? I have heard of people using a 1911 recoil spring there, any idea of what weight?

Thanks.

I'm starting to have some failures to go back into battery issues with my gun. Any ideas what to work on? I have cleaned it, use good ammo, lubed it, etc. Could the recoil spring need changing? I have heard of people using a 1911 recoil spring there, any idea of what weight?

Thanks.

1911 springs are what we use for the front recoil spring. A 16 or 17 pound spring should do fine. You can order them in several weights and test them to see what works best for you. Then get a couple of extras to change out as needed.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'll try several. I also noticed that when I had it apart the rod that goes in the gas tube(I guess that is what it is) has a bolt that screws in and out. Should that bolt be screwed in or most of the way out?

The rod should be screwed all the way in and loctited.

Doug